Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Alexander 
- Beerfest 
- Blood Diamond 
- The Departed 
- Enter the Dragon
- Goodfellas 
- Happy Feet 
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 
- The Matrix Reloaded 
- The Matrix Revolutions 
- The Matrix 
- Ocean's Twelve 
- Ocean's Eleven 
- Superman Returns 
- We Are Marshall 
- The Wicker Man 
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Denon Announces AVR-X6200W Network A/V Receiver [9/30]
To follow up its 2007 HD DVD announcement, Warner Home Video has announced what movies it plans to release onto Blu-ray discs in 2007. The list of movies will be strikingly familiar if you read the aforementioned HD DVD announcement.
- The Wicker Man (1/30)
- Beerfest (Unrated Edition) (1/30)
Some Time in 2007
- Happy Feet
- Blood Diamond
- We Are Marshall
- The Matrix trilogy
- The Harry Potter movies
- Oceans Eleven
- Oceans Twelve
- Bullitt (1972)
- The Getaway (1972)
- The Dirty Dozen
- Enter the Dragon
- Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut
Best Films of 2006 and 2007 and Classic Favorites on Blu-ray from Warner Home Video
Superman Returns #1 Blu-ray title for 2006
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kicking off 2007 with a bang, Warner Home Video (WHV) will continue to offer consumers a diverse choice of titles on Blu-ray Disc, including the critically acclaimed Martin Scorsese gangster drama The Departed on February 13. The Departed is the proud recipient of six Golden Globe™ nominations this year including Best Motion Picture, Best Actor (Leonardo DiCaprio), Best Supporting Actor (Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg), Best Director (Martin Scorsese) and Best Screenplay (William Monahan). The Departed will be available on Blu-ray Disc for $34.99 SRP.
Since August 2006 when WHV launched its titles on Blu-ray Disc it has released 33 titles on the Blu-ray format. Titles represented a combination of new releases and catalog favorites and included Superman Returns, which was the #1 selling title on Blu-ray Disc for 2006.
Also coming to Blu-ray Disc will be the riveting thriller The Wicker Man which will be available on January 30 and include an alternate ending not seen in theaters. Also debuting on the 30th will be the slapstick comedy Beerfest (Unrated) from the Broken Lizard comedy group. Both Blu-ray Disc titles will be available for $28.99 SRP. All bonus materials on the standard DVD version will be included on the high definition versions.
Warner Bros. recent theatrical hit Happy Feet and the critically acclaimed films Blood Diamond and We Are Marshall will make their Blu-ray Disc debuts in 2007. Dates and specifics for these titles will be announced soon.
WHV will be opening the vaults and bringing out fan favorites and top franchises for all genres. Planned releases for 2007 include The Matrix franchise, all of the Harry Potter films and Oceans 11 and Oceans 12. Other classic titles to be released in the first quarter of 2007 include GoodFellas, The Dirty Dozen, Enter the Dragon, Bullitt and The Getaway (1972) starring Steve McQueen. Also being released in 2007 is Alexander Revisited: The Unrated Final Cut.
Warner Home Video, which has the largest film library of any studio, will continue to release a wide variety of the most successful titles from its collection on HD-DVD and Blu Ray Disc to bring the high definition viewing experience home to more consumers than ever before. Warner Home Video will also release Ultimate Collector’s Edition HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs to meet high definition and collector consumer needs.
Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. Blu-ray Discs also provide a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu-bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.
Source: Warner Home Video Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.