Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theatres at Bayshore Town Center
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
On October 31st, 2006, I posted about a news article that mentioned the inclusion of an upscale movie theater in the new Bayshore Town Center in Glendale, Wisconsin. An operator had not been named, but they were hoping to open in January 2007 (basically, now).
Yesterday, JSOnline is reporting that Hamid Hashemi's IPic Entertainment will be operating the new theater, and that it will open some time this summer.
Hamid Hashemi, former chief executive officer of Muvico Theaters, will operate an upscale theater, restaurant, bar and bowling center at Bayshore.
The complex, in the upper level rotunda, will be the first for his new IPic Entertainment venture.
"We're really excited that we're coming to Milwaukee," said Hashemi, who has run theaters at other shopping centers developed by Yaromir Steiner, who developed Bayshore.
The Ipic theater at Bayshore will include six screens. All seating will be in the form of 6-foot-wide loveseats, spaced with aisles 54 inches wide. Tickets, expected to be priced at $15 to $16, will include popcorn and valet parking. After 6 p.m., admission will be limited to people ages 21 and over.
The entertainment complex will include a 200-seat Ovations restaurant and a 120-seat Sequel bar. Ovations will offer a full menu in an elegant, white tablecloth setting.
The Pinstrikes bowling center will have 11 stylized lanes and plush couches.
Click the Read link below to read the full article. Hashemi founded Muvico Theaters in Florida and served as its CEO until 2005.
Even though many people think that movie ticket and concession prices are plenty high already, I think that this type of venue has an opportunity to succeed. By targeting upscale visitors, it places the emphasis on a full evening's experience, and not just consuming a two-hour movie and getting on to the next thing. It also allows the venue to invest in more comforts and amenities that multiplexes won't justify with their razor-thin budgets.
The higher prices will also serve to weed out patrons who might not be as respectful of others as many would like, as a common complaint among many moviegoers is the rudeness of other customers.
Thanks to reader Ron H. for passing this along to us!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.