Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Dreamgirls 
- The Good German 
- The Hitcher 
- Night at the Museum 
- The Painted Veil 
- Stomp the Yard 
Add Your Comments
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
This weekend is a sure sign that it's January in the box office.
Horror remake "The Hitcher" is the only new wide release this weekend. Sure, George Clooney's "The Good German" is opening in a few more theaters, as is "The Painted Veil, " but last week's champ "Stomp the Yard" and long-time box office contenders like "Night at the Museum" and "Dreamgirls" will be the only real competition.
So, what does it mean for us movie fans? It just means that we have to go digging past the New Movies page and hit up the other pages within the Now Showing section to find a movie that sounds interesting. With 67 movies from which to choose, it shouldn't be too hard to find something that you like and haven't seen yet.
The "Genre" page shows that there is a pretty good spread of action movies, animated movies, comedies, dramas, and more. All in all, twelve different genres of choices.
Likewise, the "MPAA Rating" page shows that there is a good distribution of movies in all the various ratings, from "G" to "R" and "Not Rated" as well.
So, rather than curse the lack of new movies, this is an opportunity for us to catch something that we might have overlooked before and see before they enter that limbo that exists between 2nd run budgets and the $15.99 DVD value leader in Best Buy.
Seen everything worth seeing, you say? Well then, be sure to take a few moments to review those movies in our Reader Reviews section!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.