Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Departed 
Add Your Comments
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
- Kids Summer Movies Playing at UltraStar Cinemas in 2015 [6/30]
- Carmike Cinemas Offers Summer Kids Series 2015 [6/30]
- Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series - 10 Movies for $1 Each [6/30]
- Harkins Summer Movie Fun Series - 10 Kids Movies for $7 [6/30]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2015 Summer Movie Series [6/30]
- Regal's Summer Movie Express Offers $1 Movies in 2015 [6/30]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2015 [6/30]
- West Carrollton, OH: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Rave Cinemas Dayton South 16 [6/25]
Warner Bros. Pictures is re-releasing the award-winning crime drama "The Departed" today in more than 1,300 theaters nationwide.
Directed by Martin Scorcese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, and Martin Sheen, the movie first opened in theaters on October 6, 2006.
On Tuesday, it received five Academy Award® nominations, including Best Motion Picture, Achievement in Directing, and Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, as well as one for editing and for adapted screenplay. Scorcese also won a Golden Globe Award for Best Director and received his seventh Directors Guild of America nomination for his work on "The Departed."
In making the announcement, Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution for Warner Bros. Pictures, stated, "We congratulate Martin Scorsese, as well as the producers, cast, and everyone who worked on ‘The Departed’ for all of the honors the film has already received. With awards season rekindling interest in the film, we thought it was the perfect time to put ‘The Departed’ back in theatres for moviegoers who hadn’t seen it, as well as for those who want to watch it again. Additionally, we want to make the film as accessible as possible to Academy members across the country so they have every opportunity to see it on the big screen the way it was meant to be seen."
"The Departed" is set in South Boston where the Massachusetts State Police Department is waging an all-out war to take down the city’s top organized crime ring, run by powerful mob boss Frank Costello (Jack Nicholson). A young rookie, Billy Costigan (Leonardo DiCaprio) is assigned to infiltrate the mob run by Costello. While Billy is working to gain Costello’s trust, another young cop, Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon), is quickly rising through the ranks of the state police. Earning a spot in the Special Investigations Unit, Colin is among a handful of elite officers whose mission is to bring Costello down.
But what his superiors don’t know is that Colin is working for Costello, keeping the crime boss one step ahead of the police. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operation he has penetrated. But when it becomes clear to both the gangsters and the police that they have a mole in their midst, Billy and Colin find themselves in constant danger of being caught—and each must race to uncover the identity of the other man in time to save himself.
If you haven't seen "The Departed" yet, it's well worth seeing. It's a powerful drama that is told with skill with excellent performances by all involved. I originally gave it a "Good" rating in my Reader Review, but looking back on the movie, I'm surprised that I didn't give it a "See Now!" rating.
We have quite a bit of material on the movie, so if you're interested, check them out!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.