Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Blood and Chocolate 
- Catch and Release 
- Daredevil 
- Epic Movie 
- Pearl Harbor 
- Smokin' Aces 
- Van Helsing 
Add Your Comments
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
With the Academy Award® nominations being announced on Tuesday, it's hard to pay attention to the new releases this weekend. No matter how you may feel about the Oscars®, it's hard to suppress the excitement that surrounds the awards, and there are always movies of interest that one can find from the list of nominees. While your tastes may not mirror that of the Academy, the nominees are a good starting point for a short list of movies to see from the past year.
But anyway, back to the new releases this weekend!
Strangely enough, I can connect all four new releases to Jennifer Garner, so here goes. The easy one is Catch and Release, which stars Ms. Garner as a woman whose husband-to-be dies right before the wedding, and she has to come to terms with some secrets that he didn't disclose, including his son. Garner was also quite an item with Ben Affleck at one time, who is starring in Smokin' Aces.
The two starred in Daredevil, in which she played a character named Elektra. Coincidentally, Carmen Electra appears in the comedy Epic Movie, so even though that's a tenuous link, I'll take it anyway.
Last up is Blood and Chocolate, which is about a girl who has an interesting night hobby of turning into a werewolf. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem so long as you live in Romania, but she's fallen in love with a human, and the alpha male werewolf really had his sights set on her.
Where's the connection to Jennifer Garner, you say? Well, the aforementioned Mr. Affleck was in Pearl Harbor with Kate Beckinsale, who starred in Van Helsing as a princess whose brother turned into a werewolf. So there, all roads lead to Jennifer Garner!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.