Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
- Marcus West Point Luxury Cinema
- Marcus Westown
Add Your Comments
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
The Business Journal is reporting that February 11, 2007 is the last day of operation for the Marcus Westown Cinema, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin:
Marcus Theatres Corp. said Tuesday that the last day of operation for its Westown Cinema in Waukesha will be Feb. 11.
Milwaukee-based Marcus (NYSE: MCS) is replacing the movie theater, along with the West Point Cinema in Brookfield, with the new Marcus Majestic Cinema in the town of Brookfield.
Westown first opened in 1983 and was the site of the company's first super-large-screen UltraScreen eight years ago. The Westown Cinema was purchased by the Oppidan Investment Co. for $8.9 million. The Minnetonka, Minn., developer will raze the theatre to make way for a Gander Mountain store.
The nearby Marcus West Point Luxury Cinema will remain open, according to the article. Click the Read link below for the entire article.
I, for one, will not mourn for the loss of the UltraBlur, and movie fans can only hope that the forthcoming Marcus Majestic Cinema will provide an excellent movie-going experience!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.