Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
Inspiration can come from a variety of places, and the inspiration for a recent (as in a-few-minutes-ago recent) enhancement came during a presentation during the Microsoft Office 2007 Launch Tour last week.
As the presentation started to cover some things that weren't holding my full attention, I came up with an idea to change the layout of the movie pages so that the content could be shown higher on the page, especially the showtimes.
Previously, the showtimes always appeared below the left hand sidebar, no matter how much space was being used to the right of the sidebar. With a few changes to where certain items appeared, like the poster artwork, and the selective removal of information that didn't pertain to the page that was being shown (like MPAA information on the Photo Gallery page, for instance), I was able to settle on a design that accomplished that goal.
Additionally, I think the layout of the page makes more sense now than before. Less floating content, and a little more order to things, which should make for a eye-pleasing and functional layout. For non-VIP members, there is a new ad space as well, but I'm hoping that the new layout makes it as non-intrusive as possible. Advertising in a free publication is a fact of life, but I like to make sure that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, too.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.