Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Hannibal 
- Hannibal Rising 
- Music and Lyrics 
- Norbit 
- Red Dragon 
- The Silence of the Lambs 
Add Your Comments
- Hollywood, CA: X-Wing Fighter Parked on Hollywood Boulevard -- Disney and LucasFilm Win All Movie Promo Awards for the Foreseeable Future [12/8]
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event - Video Added [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
Anthony Hopkins scared the heck out of us in 1991 with his role as Dr. Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter in "The Silence of the Lambs." Excellent performances by Hopkins and Jodie Foster as FBI agent Clarice Starling, and the skills of many people in the crew led the movie to five Oscar® wins and two additional nominations.
With such success, a sequel is inevitable, and it took 10 years, but there was a sequel ("Hannibal") and another ("Red Dragon") in 2002, but none of them attained the praise of the original from audiences or critics. Personally, even though I liked the original, I never took much interest in either sequel. The reviews I read made the movies sound more gruesome, but lacking in the suspense and chill that made the first so good.
Now, fast forward to 2007, and someone decided that if Batman could go back to his origins, maybe the good doctor could as well. So it is with today's release of "Hannibal Rising," which tells the story of Lecter as a boy and tries to explain why the good doctor isn't such a good person. Maybe he's just misunderstood, you know?
Based on the reviews that I've seen so far, including a scathing one from our own Featured Movie Critic, this is one Hannibal movie that shouldn't have been. Check them out for yourself on the movie's Reviews page and if you see the movie, please write a Reader Review and let other BigScreen readers know what you think!
Speaking of scary movies, there's a new Eddie Murphy movie out called "Norbit." I'll let you visit the information we have for the movie to decide whether it's something you want to watch.
Wednesday is Valentine's Day, so a romantic comedy is a sure-thing when it comes to a great date-night movie, right? And so it is with "Music and Lyrics" which opens on Wednesday.
When you think of romantic comedies, one actor sure to be on the short-list of stars for the movie would be Hugh Grant. After all, he's romanced Renee Zellweger, Julia Roberts, and Sandra Bullock. Check.
Now, who to cast as his co-star? Well, the story is about a washed-up 80's singer that would be lucky to sing at weddings (a real "wedding singer"). While Adam Sandler might have been an interesting choice, the filmmakers decided to go with Drew Barrymore instead. I've got a feeling that was the better choice...
Click the Read link below for a list of all the movies being released today and next week.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.