Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Capitol Cinemas
Add Your Comments
- Covington, LA: Movie Tavern Northshore Opening July 31, 2014 [7/25]
- Youngstown, OH: Cinemark Movies 8 Reopens as Boardman Movies 8 [7/18]
- "The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event" Coming to Select Theaters Ahead of Movie's Release [7/14]
- Lansing, MI: Lansing Mall Gains Regal Cinema, Loses Lansing Mall Cinema [7/11]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Reopening Delayed [7/11]
- Towson, MD: Cinemark Towson and XD Opens Today [7/10]
- Warner Robins, GA: GTC Parkway 6 Cinemas to Close [7/9]
- Akron, OH: Nightlight Cinema Now Open [7/2]
- Lancaster, OH: Regal River Valley Mall 10 Closed [7/1]
- Beloit, WI: Luxury 10 Cinemas Gets New Owner [6/30]
Source: Lake Country Reporter, May 25, 1995, page 42
Article reprinted with permission
The debut of the 12-screen theater on the north side of Capitol Drive may be postponed, but not for dramatic reasons.
The theater's heating, ventilation and air conditioning units on the roof are visible from Capitol Drive. In fact, because the roof is sloped, the entire roof is visible.
That sight upset village officials. The village board, plan commission, architectural control board and zoning board of appeals met Tuesday to discuss development along the highway.
Theater officials explained that because of on "oversight" the HVAC plans were never submitted to any village panel.
HVAC plans do not need local approval. Those plans are approved by the state.
At Tuesday's meeting, the board brainstormed with theater officials to find a way to hide what village president John Laimon called, "pimples all over the top of the building."
One of the suggestions was to put a wrought iron fence along the top of the building.
Building owner Jerry Berchard said he would try to come up with a plan to screen the units.
Those plans need architectural control board approval. That board does not meet until June 21, unless it holds a special meeting.
Board chairman Phil Zblewski indicated that may be a possibility.
This article appears courtesy of:
Lake Country Reporter
440 Cardinal Lane
Hartland, WI 53029
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.