Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Mayfair Mall 18
Add Your Comments
- Ashburn, VA: Starplex Cinemas - Loudoun Luxury 11 Now Open [4/24]
- Dallas, TX: Cinepolis to Open Luxury Movie Theater in Victory Park [4/21]
- Lewisburg, WV: Lewisburg Cinema 8 Now Open [4/21]
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Chantilly, VA: Smithsonian - Udvar-Hazy Center Airbus IMAX Theater Closed for Laser Upgrade [3/30]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
A long-awaited theater complex is set to open at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin on May 14th, 1999.
The General Cinema Theatres of Mayfair, an 18-screen complex, will be located on the northeast side of the mall. The entrance is reported to be only from within the mall, on the second floor. This aspect gives the mall some much-needed traffic, and provides patrons with easy access to the mall's food court.
Of particular note is the application by the theater for a beer and liquor license, so that they may offer audiences a movie and "bistro" experience by providing dinner and cocktails. This "bistro" setting would be in two of the 18 screens, and the presence of liquor will limit attendance to those of legal drinking age.
The opening of this theater marks the conclusion of almost three years of planning for a theater in that location, involving several different theater chains. In August of 1996, AMC was planning to build the complex, housing 24 screens and 5,000 seats. Those plans were scrapped in October of 1997, and General Cinema announced Janauary 1998 their intentions of building a 19 screen complex on the site.
The theater will be operated by General Cinema Theatres of Lombard, Illinois. For more information on General Cinemas, please visit their web site.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.