Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Saukville Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
All Stadium Seating, Digital Sound Theatre Planned for Growing Suburban Area
MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 22, 2003--Marcus Theatres Corporation, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS), today announced plans to build a new movie theatre in Saukville, Wisconsin, a fast-growing area north of Milwaukee. The new cinema will have from 10 to 12 screens and will be designed for future expansion up to 20 screens.
"The new Saukville Cinema will create an entertainment destination in an area that is experiencing dynamic growth and increasing business development. Located just off Interstate 43, the new theatre will be ideally situated for families from throughout the area," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres(R).
"The Saukville Cinema will feature all of the amenities that moviegoers expect - stadium seating, digital sound, big curved screens, comfortable seats in every auditorium, self-serve soft drink dispensers - and the latest first-run films. It will showcase the best new technologies available in the industry, including online print-at-home ticketing, an e-mail showtime service and lobby entertainment on flat-screen monitors. The theatre will be among the first to feature Marcus Theatres' exciting new '2010' interior design concept, which uses elegant finishes such as warm woods, rich stone floors and granite counters to create an upscale environment for moviegoers," Olson said.
Construction of the new Saukville Cinema is scheduled to begin this spring, with an opening anticipated in late 2004.
Marcus Theatres, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), is the ninth largest theatre circuit in the United States and currently owns or operates 493 screens at 46 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and Ohio. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, The Marcus Corporation is a leader in the lodging and entertainment industries. In addition to its Marcus Theatres division, the company's limited service lodging division operates or franchises 180 Baymont Inns & Suites in 32 states, and one Budgetel Inn in Wisconsin. The company's Marcus Hotels and Resorts division owns or manages 11 hotels and resorts in Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Missouri, and Texas and one vacation club in Wisconsin. For more information, visit Marcus Theatres' Web site at www.marcustheatres.com or The Marcus Corporation Web site at www.marcuscorp.com.
CONTACT: Marcus Theatres Corporation Carlo W. Petrick (Media), 414-905-1505 firstname.lastname@example.org or Douglas A. Neis (Investors), 414-905-1100
Source: Marcus Theatres Corporation
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.