Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Renaissance Cinema
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
16-screen Complex Planned at Renaissance Development in Sturtevant
MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 6, 2004--Marcus Theatres Corporation, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS), today announced plans for a new 16-screen theatre in the Racine, Wis. area. The new theatre will be located on a 20.9 acre site at the Renaissance Business Park, a mixed use business development located at Highway 20 and Renaissance Boulevard in the Village of Sturtevant.
"Marcus Theatres(R) has a long history of operating cinemas in the Racine area. We are pleased to continue our commitment to Racine-area families by announcing plans for a new, state-of-the-art theatre that will attract moviegoers from throughout all of Racine County. The location, with easy access from I-94 and Highway 20, will become a premier destination for entertainment, retail and commercial development," said Bruce J. Olson, president of Marcus Theatres.
"We are very pleased that a brand new Marcus Theatre will be part of the economic development taking place at the Renaissance Business Park. It will be a key component in the success of the development and an exciting addition to the Village of Sturtevant," said Steve Jansen, village president.
"The new Marcus Cinema will showcase the best amenities available in the industry, including wide, comfortable stadium seating in every auditorium, big curved screens, online print-at-home ticketing, lobby entertainment on flat-screen monitors and self-service soft drinks. The elegant and attractive art deco look of the theatre will feature classic finishes such as warm woods, rich stone floors and granite counters - all part of Marcus Theatres' trend-setting '2010' theatre design concept," Olson said.
"A remarkable new digital sound system will be an impressive part of the Racine cinema. Every auditorium in the complex will feature innovative digital technology, including the Academy Award(R) winning ScreenArray(R) cinema system. This sound system delivers an audio experience for moviegoers that is second to none," Olson stated.
The Renaissance Business Park is being developed jointly by the Village of Sturtevant and MLG Development. The Renaissance is a 400-acre business park ideal for retail and light industrial businesses. Bruce Westling and Sean K. Osborne of NAI MLG Commercial LLC were procuring brokers on this transaction. Listing brokers for The Renaissance are Barry Chavin and Tony Bareta of NAI MLG Commercial LLC.
Planning for the new theatre is currently under way, with construction anticipated to begin sometime in the next year. The company currently operates the Westgate and Regency theatres in Racine.
Marcus Theatres is the ninth largest theatre circuit in the United States and currently owns or operates 488 screens at 45 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota and Ohio. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, The Marcus Corporation is a leader in the lodging and entertainment industries. In addition to its Marcus Theatres division, the company's Marcus Hotels and Resorts division owns or manages 11 hotels and resorts in Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Missouri and Texas and one vacation club in Wisconsin. For more information, visit Marcus Theatres' Web site at www.marcustheatres.com or The Marcus Corporation Web site at www.marcuscorp.com.
SOURCE: The Marcus Corporation
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.