Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Yuma, AZ: Main Street Cinemas Reopens January 30, 2015 [1/28]
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
Television Week's web site TVWeek.com is reporting that MGM is planning an HD movie channel and is in conversations with cable and satellite operators:
The studio hopes to launch MGM HD by the end of the year as a movie channel drawing from its library of 4,100 theatrical titles-about 1,200 of which currently are available in the high-definition format-and hundreds of hours of television content.
"We have the strongest HD library of any of the studios," said Douglas Lee, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Digital Media, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios. "We've been developing the concept for the past year. We've talked to a lot of cable, satellite and telco companies, and people have been receptive."
Top on the list of providers that are interested is DirecTV, which has promised 100 national HD channels by the end of the year. I think my HD TiVo (the good DirecTV HD DVR) is going to be very happy, but may need a hard drive capacity upgrade if this comes to fruition!
If there's one thing that HDTV owners want, it's more content in HD. Once you drink the nectar of HDTV, the gray water that is standard definition television will never quench your thirst...
[ Via TVPredictions.com ]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.