Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Ahead the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
Since we provide quite a few links to movie trailers in the Quicktime format, I thought it would be a good idea to mention that Apple has released a security update for the popular Quicktime media software for Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Quicktime is a standalone player, and it is also packaged with their popular iTunes software.
According to the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT):
Apple QuickTime 7.1.5 resolves multiple vulnerabilities in the way different types of image and media files are handled. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to access a specially crafted image or media file with a vulnerable version of QuickTime. Since QuickTime configures most web browsers to handle QuickTime media files, an attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities using a web page.
The solution to the problem experienced by earlier versions of the software is to upgrade to version 7.1.5 or disable Quicktime in your web browser. For whatever reason, the auto-update mechanism provided by Apple for the Windows version does not detect this release. This fact was verified on my laptop with the software installed. I had to force the software to check for updates, which it then detected and downloaded.
The Quicktime update can be installed with the latest version of iTunes (7.1), which includes support for their new, yet-to-ship but we announced it two months ago anyway, Apple TV product and includes full-screen CoverFlow support and new sorting options.
You can read more about the version 7.1.5 update on Apple's web site:
Note: If you are using Quicktime Pro in prior versions (5 or 6), you will be forced to upgrade Pro to version 7 after applying this update.
Click the Read link below for the full CERT advisory.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.