Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
- Moviescoop Changes Name to Golden Star Theaters [6/20]
- Stay for the End Credits of "22 Jump Street" [6/13]
- "Ghostbusters" 30th Anniversary Celebrated with Re-Release on Labor Day Weekend Followed by Blu-ray Release [6/6]
- USA Today Offers a Sneak Peek at "The Book of Life" [5/30]
- New Batmobile Teased by Director Zack Snyder in Twitter Post [5/12]
- One Man's Problem with Superhero Movies Hits the Nail on the Head [5/9]
Since we provide quite a few links to movie trailers in the Quicktime format, I thought it would be a good idea to mention that Apple has released a security update for the popular Quicktime media software for Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Quicktime is a standalone player, and it is also packaged with their popular iTunes software.
According to the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT):
Apple QuickTime 7.1.5 resolves multiple vulnerabilities in the way different types of image and media files are handled. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to access a specially crafted image or media file with a vulnerable version of QuickTime. Since QuickTime configures most web browsers to handle QuickTime media files, an attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities using a web page.
The solution to the problem experienced by earlier versions of the software is to upgrade to version 7.1.5 or disable Quicktime in your web browser. For whatever reason, the auto-update mechanism provided by Apple for the Windows version does not detect this release. This fact was verified on my laptop with the software installed. I had to force the software to check for updates, which it then detected and downloaded.
The Quicktime update can be installed with the latest version of iTunes (7.1), which includes support for their new, yet-to-ship but we announced it two months ago anyway, Apple TV product and includes full-screen CoverFlow support and new sorting options.
You can read more about the version 7.1.5 update on Apple's web site:
Note: If you are using Quicktime Pro in prior versions (5 or 6), you will be forced to upgrade Pro to version 7 after applying this update.
Click the Read link below for the full CERT advisory.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.