Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Austin, TX: Bob Bullock IMAX Theatre Closed Temporarily for Digital Conversion [1/26]
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
REAL D Continues Rapid Expansion by Bringing 3-D Cinema Experience to Nearly 700 Installed Screens Worldwide
New Deals With Regal Entertainment Group, AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark and Others Extend REAL D's Leadership as the Largest 3-D Cinema Platform
LOS ANGELES, March 6, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) (PRIMEZONE) -- REAL D, the leader in the delivery of premier digital 3-D experiences, today announced new agreements with Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC), AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark and several other exhibitors to license additional locations with REAL D Cinema technology. This brings the installed total to more than 680 screens, nearly triples the REAL D-installed global footprint and surpasses the company's stated goal of 500 locations by March 30, in time for the release of Disney's upcoming animated feature Meet the Robinsons.
The expansion of the REAL D platform includes the following:
- Regal Entertainment Group currently operates 34 REAL D Cinema screens and will be adding an additional 75
- AMC Entertainment Inc. is adding 104 to its current 13 screens
- Cinemark is adding another 16 to its 20 screens
- Rave Motion Pictures is adding five screens
- Cinemas Lusomundo (Portugal) is installing eight screens
- Village Roadshow (Greece) is installing two screens
Further global expansion will include screens in Iceland and Ireland, expanding REAL D's presence to 14 countries. Ballantyne of Omaha, Christie Digital Systems, Technicolor Digital Cinema and Doremi Cinema contributed to the most recent expansion of the digital platform.
With the added participation of these top exhibitors, moviegoers in nearly every major city in the U.S. and 13 other countries around the world will now be able to enjoy the REAL D experience. "We are thrilled to bring even more audiences the REAL D experience," said Joseph Peixoto, president, Worldwide Cinema at REAL D. "This rapid uptake by exhibition market leaders is a clear signal to the industry that REAL D 3-D is the future of moviegoing."
"The expansion of REAL D screens to nearly 700 is a significant milestone to the enhancement of the moviegoing experience domestically and abroad," stated Chuck Viane, Disney's head of domestic distribution. "We at Disney have received an incredible response to our films on the REAL D platform and we're especially looking forward to our next film, Meet the Robinsons, in Disney Digital 3D(tm). It's a pleasure working together with the folks at REAL D through this incredible time of growth and innovation in the exhibition business that benefits movie lovers everywhere."
"Interest in the Digital 3-D presentation stimulates moviegoing at our theatres across the country. REAL D is delivering a high quality and unique experience," stated Michael L. Campbell, chief executive officer of Regal Entertainment Group. "We look forward to partnering with REAL D and Disney to offer Meet the Robinsons in 3-D at over 100 Regal Entertainment Group theatres."
About REAL D
REAL D is bringing the premier digital 3-D experience to cinemas worldwide. With over 680 screens in 14 countries currently and 1000 screens expected later this year, REAL D has the world's largest 3-D platform.
Beyond cinema, REAL D is the worldwide inventor and provider of key stereoscopic technologies used in science, marketing and other industries. REAL D's mission-critical 3-D visualization technologies are used by organizations such as NASA, Pfizer, BMW, Boeing and more. For more information, visit www.REALD.com.
Source: Real D Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.