Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Wolf of Wall Street" Comes to Blu-ray on March 25, 2014 and Download March 18, 2014 [2/20]
- Save Up to $7.50 on a Ticket to See "Robocop" [2/13]
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free Offer at Amazon.com - Expires Dec. 21, 2013 [12/17]
- Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug to be Released on December 10, 2013 [11/6]
- Gold Box Deal of the Day: Save Up To 72% On The "Alien Anthology Collection" and "Prometheus" on Blu-ray [11/1]
- Get a $3 MP3 Credit with Purchase of Select Gift Cards at Amazon.com [9/27]
- New on Video: October 1, 2013 [9/24]
- Show Mom You Care with an Amazon.com Gift Card [5/7]
- Great Mother's Day Gift! Save $20 on Kindle Fire HD -- ends 5/12/13 [5/7]
- 2-Disc "Man of Steel" Soundtrack Coming June 11, 2013 [5/2]
Amazon.com is having a half-price sale on dozens of Blu-ray high definition discs!
Across the board, Blu-ray discs have been more expensive than HD DVD's (even for the same movies), so this sale is a definite plus for anyone who has been holding off building their library of HD movies because of the high prices.
- 50 First Dates
- A Knight's Tale
- Alien vs. Predator
- Behind Enemy Lines
- The Big Hit
- Black Hawk Down
- Broken Arrow
- Chain Reaction
- District B13
- Enron - The Smartest Guys in the Room
- Fantastic Four
- The Fifth Element
- HDNet World Report - Shuttle Discovery's Historic Mission
- House of Flying Daggers
- Ice Age: The Meltdown
- Into the Blue
- Kingdom of Heaven
- Kiss of the Dragon
- Kung Fu Hustle
- The Marine
- One Last Thing...
- Planet of the Apes
- Resident Evil Apocalypse
- The Sentinel
- Tears of the Sun
- Transporter 2
- The War Within
- The World's Fastest Indian
- X-Men 3: The Last Stand
There's no indication how long this sale will last, or whether it will be a permanent price reduction on those titles. According to their site, Amazon's sale will continue through Monday, March 26th. Reports of this sale are flying around the enthusiast web sites, so if you're interested in any of these titles, I wouldn't recommend waiting around for a rainy day in case some titles go out of stock.
Some industry tracking web sites that chart the relative sales of HD DVD and Blu-ray movies show that this sale has had quite an impact on Blu-ray disc sales. Perhaps this will show the studios that aggressive pricing will have an impact on adoption rates of these new formats, and even though they may be pulling in less per sale, the volume increase may make up for it.
Here's to the hope that Amazon.com will offer similar price reductions on HD DVD titles!
[updated to include the 3/26/2007 end date]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.