Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "10 Cloverfield Lane" Coming to Blu-ray June 14, 2016 [5/25]
- Tina Fey's "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" Coming to Blu-ray June 28, 2016 [5/17]
- Universal Pictures Commits to Ultra HD Blu-ray Releases Starting in Summer 2016 [4/20]
- "Joy" Coming to Blu-ray, Ultra HD Blu-ray, and DVD on May 3, 2016 [3/8]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Comes to Home Video in April 2016 [3/3]
- "Daddy's Home" Coming to Blu-ray March 22, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [2/29]
- "The Big Short" Coming to Home Video March 15, 2016 [2/18]
- Ultra HD Blu-ray Movies and Samsung's Player Starting to Appear [2/17]
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Announces First Round of Movies to Be Released on Ultra HD Blu-ray [12/30]
- "Crimson Peak" Coming to Blu-ray February 9, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [12/8]
Amazon.com is having a half-price sale on dozens of Blu-ray high definition discs!
Across the board, Blu-ray discs have been more expensive than HD DVD's (even for the same movies), so this sale is a definite plus for anyone who has been holding off building their library of HD movies because of the high prices.
- 50 First Dates
- A Knight's Tale
- Alien vs. Predator
- Behind Enemy Lines
- The Big Hit
- Black Hawk Down
- Broken Arrow
- Chain Reaction
- District B13
- Enron - The Smartest Guys in the Room
- Fantastic Four
- The Fifth Element
- HDNet World Report - Shuttle Discovery's Historic Mission
- House of Flying Daggers
- Ice Age: The Meltdown
- Into the Blue
- Kingdom of Heaven
- Kiss of the Dragon
- Kung Fu Hustle
- The Marine
- One Last Thing...
- Planet of the Apes
- Resident Evil Apocalypse
- The Sentinel
- Tears of the Sun
- Transporter 2
- The War Within
- The World's Fastest Indian
- X-Men 3: The Last Stand
There's no indication how long this sale will last, or whether it will be a permanent price reduction on those titles. According to their site, Amazon's sale will continue through Monday, March 26th. Reports of this sale are flying around the enthusiast web sites, so if you're interested in any of these titles, I wouldn't recommend waiting around for a rainy day in case some titles go out of stock.
Some industry tracking web sites that chart the relative sales of HD DVD and Blu-ray movies show that this sale has had quite an impact on Blu-ray disc sales. Perhaps this will show the studios that aggressive pricing will have an impact on adoption rates of these new formats, and even though they may be pulling in less per sale, the volume increase may make up for it.
Here's to the hope that Amazon.com will offer similar price reductions on HD DVD titles!
[updated to include the 3/26/2007 end date]
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.