Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Dead Silence 
- I Think I Love My Wife 
- The Lake House 
- The Last Mimzy 
- Premonition 
- Reign Over Me 
- 300 
- Wild Hogs 
Add Your Comments
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
Last June, Sandra Bullock had a mysterious problem with time in "The Lake House" that resulted in her falling in love with a man that lived in her house at another time. This time around, in "Premonition," her time journey results in her husband being killed in an accident that hasn't happened yet.
The other major releases this weekend are Chris Rock's comedy "I Think I Love My Wife" and the horror movie "Dead Silence." Of the two, the former sounds the most interesting, but it suffers from the same problem that I have with movies that star a person that I'm not sure that I'd want to watch for a full-length movie. Chris Rock has been funny in supporting roles in movies like "The Longest Yard" and "Lethal Weapon 4," but I didn't see "Head of State" because I didn't want to sit through him yelling at me through the entire movie. "Madagascar" was bad enough!
None of that will probably matter, though, since last week's "300" pound gorilla will most likely dominate the box office once again. Top it off with what will also likely be a strong showing for "Wild Hogs" and Bullock and Rock will need to quibble over the lower spots on the box office ladder.
Next week, the studios begin warming up their release engines, and you'll see no less than six major releases, starting with "The Last Mimzy" (which has another sneak this Sunday) and ending with that other favorite comedian of mine, Adam Sandler.
Click the Read link below for the full slate of New Movies!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.