Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Last Mimzy 
- Pride 
- Reign Over Me 
- The Sentinel 
- Shooter 
- TMNT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 
Add Your Comments
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
For the past two weeks, "300" has been the box office champion, easily defeating its competition. However, even the toughest competitor has problems when it is up against a multitude of foes. This weekend, it faces no less than six newcomers.
Back in the 80's and early 90's, we knew the characters of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The last we heard from them was in 1993 with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (ignoring a short-lived run on TV in 1997-1998). Now, it's 2007 and the heroes on the half-shell are going by the name TMNT. Was the world really clamoring for another ninja turtle movie?
If I had to pick a single movie to see this weekend, it would be Mark Wahlberg's Shooter. Yeah, we've seen this movie before (like last year's The Sentinel with Michael Douglas), but the reviews I've seen make me interested. Our Featured Critic liked it, and that's often good enough for me!
Also opening this week are The Last Mimzy, Pride, The Hills Have Eyes 2, and Reign Over Me. I think that "300" has its work cut out for it. Not because any one of these movies could take it on in a fair match, but rather that all six combined should segment the audiences enough that it will be difficult to keep its momentum.
Click on the Read link below to visit the New Movies page to decide which of the new movies deserve your movie-going dollars!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.