Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Grindhouse 
Add Your Comments
- Indiana, PA: Indiana Mall Cinema Closes, Changes Hands from Carmike to Golden Star Theaters - Set to Open June 12th [5/19]
- Tucson, AZ: Cinemark Announces Plan for 14-Screen Movie Theater at Tucson Marketplace at the Bridges [5/18]
- Tulsa, OK: Cinemark Movies 8 Closed [5/15]
- Pittsburgh, PA: Rave Cinemas Pittsburgh North 11 Closing Tonight [5/14]
- Cinemark Announces 2015 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/14]
- Cheektowaga, NY: Movieland 8 Theatre Closed [5/12]
- San Angelo, TX: Icon Cinema Opening in 2015 in Former K-Mart Space [5/11]
- Albuquerque, NM: Icon Cinema to Open Soon in Four Hills Village Shopping Center [5/11]
- Roseville, MI: Silver Cinemas - Macomb Mall Closed [5/8]
- Oxon Hill, MD: AMC Reopens the Former Rivertowne 12 Cinemas [5/5]
The movie is a compilation of two short horror tales, "Planet Terror" (directed by Rodriguez) and "Death Proof" (directed by Tarantino). This collaboration is an homage to the directors' favorite exploitation films.
The 13 markets include:
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington DC
If you live in one of these markets, click here to search for showtimes near you!
If you're not convinced that Grindhouse is something you want to see, or if you are interested and you want to see everything possible about it, we've got two trailers plus an interview with the two directors on the Trailers & Videos page.
As always, if you see the movie, please be sure to submit a reader review and let others know that you thought!
'Grindhouse' Hits Theatres Early
Special Late Night Showings in 13 Cities Thursday, April 5
NEW YORK, April 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Films will sneak GRINDHOUSE, from acclaimed filmmakers Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, into theatres with exclusive late night engagements in 13 cities tomorrow, April 5, 2007. Two of the most renowned filmmakers go back to back with GRINDHOUSE, a double bill packed to the gills with guns and guts. The unprecedented project from the longtime collaborators (FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, FOUR ROOMS, SIN CITY) presents two original, complete films as a double feature.
GRINDHOUSE exclusive late night engagements begin tomorrow, April 5, 2007 in the following markets, and will be released nationwide by Dimension Films Friday, April 6, 2007.
Grind House -- noun -- A downtown movie theater -- in disrepair since its glory days as a movie palace of the '30s and '40s -- known for "grinding out" non-stop double-bill programs of B-movies.
From groundbreaking directors Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez comes the ultimate film experience: a double-bill of thrillers that will recall both filmmakers' favorite exploitation films. GRINDHOUSE will be presented as one full-length feature comprised of two individual films helmed separately by each director. Tarantino's film, "DEATH PROOF," is a rip-roaring slasher flick where the killer pursues his victims with a car rather than a knife, while Rodriguez's film explores an alien world eerily familiar to ours in PLANET TERROR. Welcome to the Grindhouse -- it'll tear you in two.
Starring Rose McGowan, Marley Shelton, Freddy Rodriguez, Josh Brolin, Jeff Fahey, Michael Biehn, Naveen Andrews, Stacy Ferguson, Elise and Electra Avellan, Kurt Russell, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Vanessa Ferlito, Jordan Ladd, Tracie Thoms, Rosario Dawson, Zoe Bell, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Eli Roth and Omar Doom, GRINDHOUSE also showcases faux trailers from Eli Roth (CABIN FEVER, HOSTEL and the upcoming HOSTEL PART II), Edgar Wright (SHAUN OF THE DEAD and the upcoming HOT FUZZ) and Rob Zombie (HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES AND THE DEVIL'S REJECTS).
For more info please go to: http://www.grindhousemovie.net
Source: The Weinstein Company
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.