Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Save $2 on 2+ Tickets - 2/4/16-2/7/16 [2/4]
- Receive a Free $20 Shutterfly Credit with Ticket Purchase at Fandango [2/3]
- "Crimson Peak" Coming to Blu-ray February 9, 2016 with DTS:X Soundtrack [12/8]
- Get 15% off Fandango Gift Card orders of $75 this Black Friday and Cyber Monday - Ends 11/30/15 [11/27]
- Sony Pictures Announces Its First 4K Ultra HD Titles - Arriving in Early 2016 [11/11]
- Remastered "Leon: The Professional" Gets Supreme Cinema Series Treatment, Dolby Atmos Soundtrack [10/26]
- Remastered "The Fifth Element" Gets Supreme Cinema Series Treatment, Dolby Atmos Soundtrack [10/26]
- Receive a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card When You Pre-order "Jurassic World" [10/14]
- Buy "Inception" on Blu-ray for $4.66 [10/9]
- Remastered "Bram Stoker's Dracula" Gets Supreme Cinema Series Treatment, Dolby Atmos Soundtrack [10/5]
If you've been waiting to buy one of the high definition disc players until the price dropped below $300, this weekend's sale at J&R's should make you a happy person!
The Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player saw its list price drop from $499 to $399 on April 1st, and this weekend, J&R's is offering that player for just $299.99!
Too sweeten the deal a little more, Toshiba is offering 5 free HD DVD movies by mail when you purchase any HD DVD player through the end of July, so not only do you get an HD player, you get a good start on building a collection as well.
For the best deal in watching movies in high definition, I recommend signing up for a Netflix membership, as they carry nearly every HD DVD title available, and it provides you with access to movies that you probably wouldn't be willing to buy. I've been renting HD DVD's this way since October when I picked up a Toshiba HD-A1, and I've been very happy with the turn-around time and availability of titles. With monthly plans starting at $4.99, it's hard to justify buying a lot of movies when they can be rented so easily.
J&R's is a well-established mail order business that has been in business since 1971. You can buy the Toshiba HD-A2 directly from their web site, or you can also purchase it from them through Amazon.com:
According to the E-Mail that I received from J&R's this week, this sale goes through Sunday, April 8th, so don't delay!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.