Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Photo Gallery Upgrades - Larger Photos, Arrow Key Navigation [4/27]
- "Share Links" Added for Theaters to Make Facebook / Social Media Links Easier [6/9]
- The BigScreen Cinema Guide is Now Smartphone-Friendly! [4/29]
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
Back in February, the first Now Showing RSS feed became available when I announced the "New Movies" RSS feed, which delivered a regularly-updated list of the new movies playing in theaters.
Depending on the capabilities of your RSS reader, this list of movies can be sorted, categorized, and filtered to display the information as you prefer it. The feed contains the name of the movie, a brief plot summary, the first three actors, and a category pertaining to when the movie was released.
You can find a link to the RSS feed on the RSS Feeds page, where you will find a complete listing of all the feeds we have available, with easy ways to add them to your browser, feed reader, and AOL, Yahoo, and Google portal pages.
The feed is linked as an alternate document on the All Movies page in Now Showing, so if your browser is so-equipped, you can subscribe to the feed from there as well. Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 1.5 and above are able to do this with their built-in tools, and other recent browsers probably have this feature available as well.If you're unsure about what RSS is and what it can do for you, the article "What is RSS?" may help answer such questions.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.