Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Get Smart 
Add Your Comments
- "The Maze Runner" Gets Wider with Extra Screens in "Escape" Theaters [8/29]
- Waynesville, MO: B & B Waynesville Patriot 12 & GS Opens August 29, 2014, Waynesville Cinema 8 Closed [8/28]
- Indianapolis, IN: Cinemark Washington Market 8 Closed [8/28]
- Streator, IL: Majestic Theatre Closed, Up For Sale [8/26]
- Frostburg, MD: R/C Theatres Closes R/C Cinemas 1-2-3, Employees Launch Effort to Reopen [8/25]
- Teicher Theatres Closes All Locations [8/25]
- Santa Monica, CA: Watch the Extended Versions of All Three LOTR Movies at the Aero Theatre on August 30, 2014 [8/21]
- Lodi, CA: Lodi Stadium 12 Cinemas Temporarily Closed for Bedbugs [8/20]
- Hollywood, CA: World Premiere of "If I Stay" on August 20, 2014 at Chinese Theatre [8/20]
- Carmike Completes Acquisition of Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. [8/19]
We've got lots of good information on the 2008 comedy "Get Smart," based on the 60s TV show of the same name. In this movie, Steve Carell plays bumbling detective Maxwell Smart and Anne Hathaway is his competent associate Agent 99. Together, they work to keep the nefarious KAOS organization from taking over the world.
Quite a bit of the rest of the cast has been revealed as well. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ("Gridiron Gang") is Agent 23; Terence Stamp ("The Limey") plays Siegfried, a key KAOS operative; and Academy Award winner Alan Arkin ("Little Miss Sunshine") is the Chief of CONTROL (Maxwell Smart's organization). The movie also stars Ken Davitian ("Borat") as Shtarker; Masi Oka (TV's "Heroes") as Bruce; Nate Torrence (TV's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") as Lloyd; David Koechner ("Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy") as Agent Larabee; and Terry Crews (TV's "Everybody Hates Chris") as Agent 91.
"Get Smart" is scheduled to be released in theaters June 20, 2008.
PRODUCTION BEGINS IN LOS ANGELES ON WARNER BROS. PICTURES' AND VILLAGE ROADSHOW PICTURES' "GET SMART"
BURBANK, CA, April 11, 2007 - Filming has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' comedy "Get Smart," starring Steve Carell ("The 40-Year-Old Virgin") and Anne Hathaway ("The Devil Wears Prada"). The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.
Inspired by characters from the classic television series "Get Smart," the film stars Carell as secret agent Maxwell Smart; Hathaway as his partner, Agent 99; Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ("Gridiron Gang") as Agent 23; Terence Stamp ("The Limey") as Siegfried, a key KAOS operative; and Academy Award winner Alan Arkin ("Little Miss Sunshine") as the Chief of CONTROL. The film also stars Ken Davitian ("Borat") as Shtarker; Masi Oka (TV's "Heroes") as Bruce; Nate Torrence (TV's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") as Lloyd; David Koechner ("Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy") as Agent Larabee; and Terry Crews (TV's "Everybody Hates Chris") as Agent 91.
The film is directed by Peter Segal ("The Longest Yard," "Tommy Boy") from a screenplay by Tom J. Astle & Matt Ember ("Failure to Launch"). Andrew Lazar ("Space Cowboys"), Charles Roven ("Batman Begins") and Alex Gartner ("The Upside of Anger") are producing, with Michael Ewing ("50 First Dates"), Dana Goldberg ("Happy Feet"), Peter Segal, Jimmy Miller ("Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"), Steve Carell, Brent O'Connor ("We Are Marshall") and Bruce Berman ("Happy Feet") serving as executive producers.
Joining the director behind the scenes are Academy Award-winning director of photography Dean Semler ("Dances with Wolves"), production designer Wynn Thomas ("A Beautiful Mind"), Oscar-nominated editor Richard Pearson ("United 93"), Academy Award-winning costume designer Deborah Scott ("Titanic") and Academy Award-winning special effects supervisor Michael Lantieri ("Jurassic Park").
Filming began in Los Angeles on March 21, 2007, and will continue in and around Los Angeles, with future location filming taking place in Washington, D.C. and Montreal.
"Get Smart" is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, of a Mosaic Media Group / Mad Chance / Callahan Filmworks production. The film will be released by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.