Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Cupertino Square 16
Add Your Comments
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
- Daytona Beach, FL: Cobb Daytona Luxury 12 Coming in December [11/28]
- Streator, IL: Streator Eagle 6 to Open December 2, 2016 [11/28]
- Marcus Theatres to Acquire All Wehrenberg Theatres Locations [11/21]
- Grand Junction, CO: Movie Theater Opens in Former Carmike 7 Location [11/18]
- Flagstaff, AZ: Harkins Flagstaff 16 Opens, Harkins Flagstaff 11 Closes [11/18]
AMC Theatres(R) To Open AMC Cupertino Square 16 On April 27 As Part Of Cupertino Square Transformation
All guests receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase April 27-29
Cupertino, Calif. (April 27, 2007) - Silicon Valley will have a new way to "Experience the Difference(R)" this spring when AMC Cupertino Square 16 opens to the public on Friday, April 27. The impressive theatre, which is located on a newly constructed third floor of Cupertino Square, will showcase state-of-the-art amenities, including six screens that measure three stories high and more than 50 feet wide. The theatre will open with films such as "The Invisible," "Next" and "The Condemned," and all guests who visit the theatre, April 27-29, will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
AMC Cupertino Square 16 will be the entertainment anchor in the newly transformed Cupertino Square. AMC's signature design concepts will highlight the new theatre including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, entertaining directors' series photographs, a modern-day rendition of the red carpet and classic movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring. Along with a gaming area and custom seating inside the corridors, AMC's signature comfort, quality, service and convenience will complete the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience.
AMC Cupertino Square 16 will boast state-of-the art amenities including:
- Sixteen auditoriums with more than 3,500 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat(R)-style seating featuring "articulating" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- State-of-the-art Dolby(R) Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring six auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC(R) Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System(R) (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Closed Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are both available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online
- Six Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in 1920, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Cupertino Square 16 can expect to enjoy industry-leading customer programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.CinemaSM - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price ($6) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. (Digital 3-D will be $8.)
- AMC SELECTSM - provides guests a year round selection of the most exciting and diverse films at the state-of-the-art AMC Cupertino Square 16. Simply put, special films belong in special venues.
- Clip's PicksSM - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC MovieWatcher(R) - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
Located in the center of Cupertino Square (formerly Vallco Fashion Park), AMC Cupertino Square 16 is the entertainment anchor and part of the $200 million redevelopment. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/cupertino.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to 1920, the company today serves more than 230 million guests annually and has interests in 382 theatres and 5,340 screens in 10 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Source: AMC Theatres
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.