Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Springfield, MA: Entertainment Cinemas - Springfield Plaza Closed [1/25]
- Valley Stream, NY: Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas Closed [1/23]
- Bedford, NY: Bow Tie Bedford Playhouse Closes [1/22]
- Ellsworth, ME: Maine Coast Cinemas 2 Closed [1/22]
- Clinton, MO: B & B Theatres Takes Over Missouri Cinema 6 [1/19]
- Marcus Theatres Adding Amenities to Select Locations [1/19]
- Kelso, WA: Regal Three Rivers Mall 12 & RPX Opens While Regal Three Rivers Mall 5 and Regal Triangle Cinemas 4 Close [1/16]
- 2015 Academy Award Nominations Announced [1/15]
- Students in Select Cities Can See "Selma" Free [1/13]
- Seattle, WA: Landmark Theatres Closes Varsity Theatre and Harvard Exit Locations [1/10]
Remember that World Premiere that Disney is holding for "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" for charity, with tickets going for $1,500 each? Disney has announced that it sold out in just 14 days.
Commenting on the announcement, Dick Cook, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios, said,
"Disney is dedicated to making dreams come true, and now we're joined by 'Pirates' fans from all over the world who are making a difference through their generous support and participation in this event. The Studio is extremely excited about 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End,' and we are looking forward to a spectacular premiere to give the movie the send-off it deserves, while also touching the lives of so many children and their families."
According the Disney press release, ticket buyers were from countries such as Australia, Japan, Germany, Belgium, Canada and Mexico, and 35 U.S. states including Hawaii.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End" picks up where the record-breaking 2006 smash hit left off, with our heroes Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) allied with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker.
With the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman, and its commander Davy Jones under the control of the East India Trading Company, there is havoc on the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, the heroic trio must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Pirate Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat). Now headed beyond the very ends of the earth, each must ultimately choose a side in a final titanic battle – as not only their lives and fortunes, but the entire future of the freedom-loving Pirate way hangs in the balance.
Source: Disney Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.