Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
- Marcus West Point Luxury Cinema
- Marcus Westown
Add Your Comments
- Watch the New Trailer for "Annie" [3/11]
- New Photos Added for "300: Rise of an Empire" [3/7]
- New Trailer for "Godzilla" Now Available [2/25]
- Anchorman 2 Comes Back in R-Rated Version for One Week Starting Feb 28, 2014 [2/22]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Grudge Match" [12/13]
- Teaser Trailer and Three Photos Released for "Godzilla" [12/13]
- Dozens of New Photos for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" [12/11]
- New Photos and Official Trailer Added for "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" [12/5]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "American Hustle" [12/3]
- New Trailer and Photos for Martin Scorsese / Leonardo DiCaprio Movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" [12/3]
The new Marcus Majestic Cinema in Waukesha, Wisconsin is opening to the public on Friday, May 4th. The $12 million facility is the latest Marcus theater to open, and the most luxurious and feature-rich movie theater in Wisconsin.
I had the chance to tour the theater yesterday and took plenty of photos to share with everyone. Crews were putting the final touches on everything, and Marcus representatives were there reviewing the finished product before some by-invitation-only events leading up to the theater's grand opening Friday.
The first thing you notice upon entering the theater is the size of the lobby. Much larger than any of their other lobbies, it features a large concession counter along the back wall, flanked by staircases leading to the upper entrances to the two UltraScreen auditoriums. A grand piano is placed in the center of the lobby, and a coffee/ice cream shop and a made-to-order pizza shop serve specialty items not found at your traditional movie theater. The concession stand also offers non-traditional items, such as chicken wraps, hamburgers, and onion rings, all from a full kitchen located behind the concession stand.
The Majestic is replacing two theaters, the former Marcus Westown Cinema and the open-until-Thursday West Point Cinema. The Westown Cinema was the first Marcus theater to offer an UltraScreen, which is Marcus' term for a 72-foot wide screen that provides a much larger movie image than the more traditionally-sized screens that move-goers are accustomed to. Marcus has since installed UltraScreens at several locations around the country, and they have taken the concept up a notch at the Majestic by offering special "VIP Seating" that features leather plush chairs and more leg room.
Also new to any Marcus theater is the Palladium, which is a theater capable of showing movies and live performances. They already have comedienne Kathleen Madigan scheduled as their first live performance. Seating is a little different than a traditional movie theater, echoing that of a comedy club or small repertory theater with tables and rolling chairs.
My overall impression of the theater is very good, but the proof will be seeing the theater handle live crowds and showing 16 movies at once. There may be initial glitches that can be attributed to any new facility, but here's hoping that their movie presentations can live up to the promise that their amenities and physical presentation make to the paying public.
I have placed more than 80 photos I took during the tour on the Photo Galleries page, joining the construction photos that we have been taking since they broke ground last year. Normally, viewing full-sized photos is a feature available only to our VIP members and if provided by our Featured Theaters, but I have marked the Marcus Majestic as a Featured Theater for this weekend so that everyone can enjoy the photos without needing to be a VIP.
Click the Read link below to the view the photos of the Marcus Majestic Cinema!
Many thanks to the Marcus Theatres Corporation for allowing me to tour the facility and take photos!
Related News Coverage
- A Majestic movie palace -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.