Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
Weekend estimates place the movie's box office totals close to $148 million, which is a testament to the popularity of the series, and the effect that placing a movie on around 10,000 screens can do to the weekend numbers!
What these two facts also indicate is that more and more people are doing the smart thing and ordering their tickets online. The assurance of knowing you have tickets for the show you want, and the convenience of being able to print your tickets at home or printing them at a kiosk in the theater and bypassing the ticket lines is very attractive for an increasingly large number of people.
Say you're not convinced about buying your tickets online. What does this mean to you? First off, it means that your favorite shows may become sold out before you ever get to the theater to stand in line. In the case of the highly saturated release of Spider-Man 3, perhaps that wasn't an issue at many theaters, but most movies do not have the luxury of being on over 30% of the nation's movie screens at once.
Do yourself a huge favor and buy the tickets to your next movie online. You have the satisfaction of having your tickets at hand, you can pass a condescending smile to the people in line when you get to the theater, and since we get a very small (and I do mean small) portion of each ticket sale, you're supporting our efforts here as well.
Buying tickets online is easy. Just click on the showtime link for the show you want to attend, or click on the yellow movie ticket (like the one on the right) to be taken to the ticketing site where you can make your choice of theater and showtime.
See you at the movies! (I'll be the one with the condescending smile on my face)
SPIDER-MAN™ 3 BREAKS MOVIETICKETS.COM SALES RECORDS
Blockbuster Movie Tops MovieTickets.com’s Single Day Best-Seller List
Los Angeles, CA. May 6, 2007- MovieTickets.com (www.movietickets.com), the world’s most powerful online movie ticketing provider, has reported that on Friday, May 4 Spider-Man 3 broke ticket sales records, selling more tickets in a single day than any other film.
“Sequels consistently perform well, and as evidenced by our significant advance online sales volume, moviegoers anticipated sold-out shows. It was just last July that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest broke MovieTickets.com sales records, and now with these historic Spider-Man 3 numbers, we know that going online to buy an advance ticket has become a pop culture necessity,” said Joel Cohen executive vice president and general manager, MovieTickets.com. “MovieTickets.com is also seeing sales densities expand beyond metropolitan areas into smaller cities. When it comes to a hot movie, everyone wants to make sure they have a seat secured.”
* On Friday, May 4 MovieTickets.com broke a record for the most tickets sold site-wide in a single day, and Spider-Man 3 has sold more tickets in a single day, for a single film, than any other movie in the company’s history. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest was the most recent record-holder in July 2006.
* Spider-Man 3 now ranks number one on the MovieTickets.com’s Top Five single day, all time best-seller list.
MovieTickets.com new Top Five:
- Spider-Man 3
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
MovieTickets.com exhibitors currently include:
Academy 8 Theaters, Access Digital Theatres, All Star Entertainment, AMC Theatres, Amherst Cinema Art Center, Arena Grand Theatre, Ashbrie Cinemas, Atlantic Theaters, Atlas Cinemas, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Bryn Mawr Movie Theatre Co., Camera Cinemas, Celebrity Theatres, Channelside Cinemas, Cinema Centers, Cinema Four-Quad, Cinemagic Movies, Cinemall, Classic Cinemas, Clearview Cinemas, Cleveland Cinemas, Consolidated Theatres, Cornelius Cinemas, Crown Theatres, Dickinson Theatres, Drexel Theatres, Eastern Shores, Emagine Entertainment, Entertainment Retail (Hollywood Hits), Famous Players, Film Forum, Fine Arts Theatre - Beverly Hills, Fox Bay Cinema Grill, Foxmoor Movies, Greater Huntington Theatres, Greenville Cinemas, Hallett Cinemas, Harkins Theatres, HLB Entertainment, Hollywood Cinema 9, Hollywood Premier Cinemas, IFC Center, Kew Gardens (Cobble Hill), Krikorian Premiere Theatres, Landmark Theatres, M Park 4, Main Street Cinemas, Malco Theatres, Mann Theatres, Marcus Theatres, Marquee Cinemas, Metropolitan Theatres, MJR Theatres, MnM Theatres, MovieMax Theatres, Narberth Theatre, National Amusements, Nelsonville Movies 10, Oasis Cinema, Omniplex Theatre Group, O'Neil Theatres, Pacific Theatres, Paris Theater, Penn Cinema, Phoenix Theatres (MI), Phoenix Theatres (TN), Pickwick Theatres, Premiere Cinemas, Rave Motion Pictures, Reading Cinemas USA (City Cinemas), Rio Entertainment, Ritz Theatres, Riviera Cinemas, Roxy Theatres, Santikos Theaters, Sayville Theatre, Sea Turtle Cinemas, Silver Screen Cinemas, Spotlight Theatres, Studio Movie Grill, Sunrise Cinemas, Tango Theaters, Trans-Lux Cinemas, UltraStar Cinemas, Watson Theatre, Wellfleet Cinemas, and Westates Theatres.
MovieTickets.com, the most powerful Internet movie ticketing service, provides consumers with the ease of a virtual box office from the convenience of their home or office. Formed in spring 2000, MovieTickets.com is a joint venture between AMC Entertainment, Hollywood Media Corp. (Nasdaq: HOLL), National Amusements, Famous Players, Marcus Theatres (NYSE: MCS), Viacom (NYSE: VIA), and America Online, and leverages the collective exhibitor expertise to deliver consumers a premium movie ticketing experience. MovieTickets.com enables consumers to buy tickets online for movie screens across the United States, Canada and in the U.K. Its elite collection of partner theaters consistently represents over 50% of the top 50 and over 50% of the top 100 grossing theaters in North America on any given weekend.
Source: Movietickets.com Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.