Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Sundance Cinemas 608 Madison
Add Your Comments
- Frisco, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Delayed to September 2018 [1/23]
- Malibu, CA: Regal Malibu Twin May Close Soon [1/23]
- Rochester, NY: Cinemark Movies 10 in Brighton Closed [1/23]
- Staten Island, NY: UA Hylan Plaza 5 Closed [1/23]
- Santa Fe, NM: UA Devargas Mall Cinema 6 Closed [1/23]
- Star Wars 8 Has a Title: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" [1/23]
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
Last Friday (May 11, 2007) marked the first day of operation for the new Sundance Cinemas 608 Madison, the newest location for the fledgling Sundance Cinemas chain started by Robert Redford.
The theater is located just South of University Avenue on Midvale Boulevard, and is bringing a new kind of movie-going experience to Madison. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel featured an article on the theater last week:
At the 20-screen cineplexes, "Spider-Man 3," "Shrek the Third" and the next "Pirates of the Caribbean" will pack 'em in. Sundance Cinemas targets a smaller group of more serious film fans, said President and Chief Executive Officer Paul Richardson.
That audience appreciates not just the movies at Sundance Cinemas but also the theater's atmosphere, aesthetics and amenities, he said. Those will draw moviegoers and give them reasons to stay once the final credits have rolled, he said.
"We really want people to hang around, and have a place where they feel comfortable to talk about a movie," Richardson said.
Not only will the Sundance 608 be showing art-house fare that seldom appears in your typical megaplex, but they are offering more amenities in an effort to provide their customers with a distinctive experience. Birch trees line the hallway, the seats are upholstered with wool, and customers can enjoy the in-house bistro that offers sit-down dining and a cafe that will provide a coffee-fix for morning patrons when movies aren't playing. A gift shop featuring Sundance items rounds out the list of distinctive features.
Sundance Cinemas is planning to open its next location in San Francisco, California, and the article reports that they are considering opening a location in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as well.
Click the Read link below for the full article by the Journal Sentinel. We will be listing showtimes for the Sundance 608 very shortly.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.