Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Garden State 16
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
This information comes to us a little late for the grand opening event, but the rest of the information about the theater is still useful.
Summer Blockbuster Hits Paramus, N.J.: AMC Theatres(R) Opens AMC Garden State 16 May 25
All guests receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase May 25-27
Paramus, N.J. (May 25, 2007) - The best possible out-of-home entertainment experience will be available to Bergen County residents when AMC Garden State 16 opens to the public on Friday, May 25. Guests will "Experience the Difference(R)" at the state-of-the-art theatre, which features AMC's signature quality, comfort, service, convenience and commitment to guest satisfaction. AMC Garden State 16 will open with such highly anticipated films as "Shrek the Third" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," and all guests who visit the theatre from May 25-27 will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
Creating a dramatic moviegoing experience, theatre guests will be greeted by a framed gateway leading moviegoers into a four-story lobby, with an internally illuminated chandelier and four columns more than 40 feet high. AMC's signature design concepts will highlight the new theatre, including sensational high-mural celebrity graphics, entertaining directors' series photographs, a modern-day rendition of the red carpet and classic movie quotes inlaid in terrazzo flooring. As the entertainment anchor in the new retail and entertainment addition at Westfield Garden State Plaza, the theatre will also be complete with custom seating in the hallways leading to the auditoriums.
AMC Garden State 16 will boast state-of-the art amenities including:
- Sixteen auditoriums with more than 4,900 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's exclusive and ultra-comfortable LoveSeat(R)-style seating featuring "articulating" backs and lifting cupholder armrests.
- State-of-the-art Dolby(R) Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring an auditorium with a screen that is more than two stories high and 42 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC(R) Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System(R) (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Closed Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are both available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Six Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in 1920, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Garden State 16 can expect to enjoy industry-leading guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.CinemaSM - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price ($6) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. (Digital 3-D will be $8.)
- AMC SELECTSM - provides guests a year-round selection of the most exciting and diverse films at the state-of-the-art AMC Garden State 16. Simply put, special films belong in special venues.
- Clip's PicksSM - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC MovieWatcher - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
Located at the south terminus of Westfield Garden State Plaza, AMC Garden State 16 is the entertainment anchor and part of the new $100 million expansion. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/gardenstate.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to 1920, the company today serves more than 230 million guests annually and has interests in 382 theatres and 5,340 screens in 10 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Source: AMC Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.