Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Bruce Almighty 
- Evan Almighty 
- 1408 
- Live Free or Die Hard 
- A Mighty Heart 
Add Your Comments
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Teaser Trailer Now Available Ahead of Schedule After It Leaked [10/23]
- The Death of Physical Media is Far From Imminent [10/1]
- Los Angeles, CA: New Beverly Cinema Bucks the Digital Cinema Trend and Goes 35mm Only [9/9]
- Bill Murray Suggests Leads for All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie [9/9]
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
Morgan Freeman returns in his role as God from the Jim Carrey movie "Bruce Almighty" from 2003. Bruce is nowhere to be found, but lovable anchorman-and-now-congressman Evan Baxter is the target of God's attention in "Evan Almighty."
On the flip side, John Cusack is trying to get in touch with his deceased daughter and he thinks that a room with a nasty habit of killing people is the way to do it. As much as Samuel L. Jackson tries to talk him out of it, he's intent in checking in to room 1408. This is another horror movie from the mind of Stephen King, and time will tell if this is a hit or a miss, as one can never be quite sure how his stories translate to the big screen.
Also being released today is "A Mighty Heart," the story of Mariane Pearl (played by Angelina Jolie), the wife of reporter Daniel Pearl, as she struggled to find her husband after he had been kidnapped in Pakistan in 2002. After he was murdered, she wrote a memoir as a way of telling her son about his father.
On Wednesday, we get to see if Bruce Willis still has an action movie as John McClane left in him with "Live Free or Die Hard." His sidekick this time around is "I'm a Mac" Justin Long, and the trailer even has McClane uttering the legendary "Yippie Ki Yay..." so we may have a fun movie coming up!
This post is a little late this week as I have been battling some server load issues. We've been quietly adding showtimes for theaters across the country over the past couple of weeks, and we hit our breaking point today. I ended up having to remove showtimes for all of California and Florida so that the site would be more responsive and that means that more code optimization is in my future. My apologies to anyone who was affected by the slowdowns.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.