Remove ads with our VIP Service
- AMC Aviation 12
Add Your Comments
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
- New Smyrna Beach, FL: Carmike New Smyrna Lux 12 Opening Friday, March 13, 2015 [3/11]
- Salt Lake City, UT: Cinemark Sugar House Reopens After Remodeling [3/9]
The AMC Aviation 12 opened to the public on Friday, June 29, 2007 in Linden, New Jersey.
The new theater boasts 12 screens with the requisite stadium seating, with Dolby Digital Surround EX in every auditorium. Two of the screens are more than three stories high and 50' wide.
AMC Theatres® Cleared For Take-Off With Opening Of AMC Aviation 12 On June 29
All guests receive one free small popcorn per ticket purchase June 29-July 1
Linden, N.J. (June 29, 2007) - The best possible out-of-home entertainment experience lands in Union County when AMC Aviation 12 opens to the public on Friday, June 29. AMC Aviation 12 will open with highly anticipated films like 20th Century Fox's "Live Free or Die Hard," Disney/Pixar's "Ratatouille" and DreamWorks Pictures' "Transformers" in July. Plus, all guests who visit the theatre from June 29-July 1 will receive a free small popcorn with each ticket purchased.
AMC is known for many of the innovations that moviegoers enjoy today, including the multiplex and megaplex concepts. The company, which was founded in 1920, has a deep commitment to guest satisfaction and believes that everyone is a VIP when visiting an AMC theatre.
Guests will "Experience the Difference®" at the state-of-the-art entertainment anchor of Aviation Plaza, which features two auditoriums with screens more than three stories high and 50 feet wide. A 30-foot high glass façade will greet guests as they begin their VIP experience at AMC Aviation 12, before custom-made flooring and rich, primary colors lead moviegoers throughout the theatre. A high-capacity concession stand featuring items from Clip's PicksSM concession value menu and a custom gaming area in the lobby will help complete the entertainment experience. All guests at AMC Aviation 12 the theatre will be able to take advantage of AMC's signature quality, comfort, service, convenience and commitment to guest satisfaction.
AMC Aviation 12 will showcase state-of-the art amenities including:
- Twelve auditoriums with more than 2,300 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 48-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- AMC's ultra-comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating.
- State-of-the-art Dolby® Digital Surround EX in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium, featuring two auditoriums with screens that are more than three stories high and 50 feet wide.
- ISCO OPTIC® Ultra-Star * HD Plus Film Projection Lenses to achieve optimal screen luminance and image resolution.
- AMC's proprietary Digital Theatre Distribution System® (DTDS) for enhanced pre-show entertainment that includes a first-look access to everything from movies, television, music, sports and advertising.
- Closed Captioning which emits a caption that hearing impaired moviegoers can pick up with a device that slips into their cupholder, and Descriptive Video for moviegoers who are sight impaired are both available.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- AMC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales by phone or online at www.amctheatres.com.
- Six Automated Box Offices (ABOs) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
Moviegoers visiting AMC Aviation 12 can expect to enjoy industry-leading guest programs offered exclusively at AMC theatre locations including:
- A.M.Cinema® - provides morning guests the opportunity to see first-run movies at the best ticket price ($5) of the day before noon Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Clip's PicksSM - a first in the theatre industry, gives guests the opportunity to save at the concession stand when they select items from the value menu. Items can be purchased for $3 each or three for $7.50, representing a savings of more than 15 percent when purchased together. Clip's Picks value menu is available seven days a week, all day at all of AMC's locations in the United States and Canada (except Quebec).
- AMC MovieWatcher® - the industry's first moviegoer loyalty program that is absolutely free. With each movie ticket purchased, members earn points toward free drinks, free popcorn and free movies. Also, members who visit an AMC theatre on Wednesdays receive a free small popcorn with every ticket purchased. Rewards increase when an account is activated online at MovieWatcher.com.
Located at the northeast terminus of Aviation Plaza, AMC Aviation 12 is the entertainment anchor and part of the 625,000-square-foot mixed-use development. Additional information about the grand opening can be found at www.amctheatres.com/aviation.
About AMC Entertainment Inc.
AMC Entertainment Inc. is a worldwide leader in the theatrical exhibition industry. With a history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to 1920, the company today serves more than 230 million guests annually and has interests in 379 theatres and 5,314 screens in 10 countries including the United States. The company is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Additional information is available online at www.amctheatres.com.
Source: AMC Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.