Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Bourne Identity 
- The Bourne Supremacy 
- The Bourne Ultimatum 
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Joshua 
- License to Wed 
- Live Free or Die Hard 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Transformers 
Add Your Comments
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
We're a little short on new releases this weekend, but that's primarily because of the holiday that landed right in the middle of this week. Both "Transformers" and "License to Wed" were released on Tuesday, leaving only "Joshua" to be released in a limited number of theaters today.
Next week, of course, is reason for muggles and wizards alike to rejoice as "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is released in theaters. Then, after they've seen the movie six or seven times, they have the release of the final book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" on July 21st.
Will the book's release actually dim attendance of the movie, while everyone is devouring the printed words? (our Featured Movie Critic seems to think so) I know a Harry Potter fan that isn't really all that much a fan of the movies (she still hasn't seen all of "Goblet of Fire" yet), but you can be sure that the book was ordered long ago with guaranteed delivery on the day of release. She won't see the movie right away, but she's already setting aside time for reading the book.
Personally, I'm more looking forward to the release of "The Bourne Identity" on HD DVD on July 24th. It's a great movie, and there's a double feature of the already-released-on-HD-DVD sequel "The Bourne Supremacy" in my future! That will be well-timed with the theatrical release of "The Bourne Ultimatum" on August 3rd...
I had the chance to see "Live Free or Die Hard" this past week, and I'll be posting my Reader Review of the movie soon. While it wasn't as good as its predecessors, I thought it was better than the other sequels I've seen this summer. That reminds me that I need to write a review for "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" one of these days!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.