Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 
- The Matrix Reloaded 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Spider-Man 3 
- Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 
- Transformers 
Add Your Comments
- Marina, CA: Century Marina and XD Opens [10/8]
- Carmike Cinemas Acquires Sundance Cinemas, LLC. [10/7]
- Burbank, CA: An Overview of the "Dolby Cinema at AMC Prime" at the AMC Burbank 16 [10/7]
- Birmingham, MI: Palladium Theatre Reopens as 5-Screen Luxury Movie Theater [10/5]
- Washington, DC: Landmark Atlantic Plumbing Cinema to Open October 15, 2015 [10/5]
- San Diego, CA: Angelika Film Center & Cafe to Open October 9, 2015 [10/2]
- La Jolla, CA: Movies Come to The LOT [10/2]
- Rochester, MN: Wehrenberg Rochester Galaxy 14 Cine Getting IMAX, Losing Mega Screen [9/30]
- Duncansville, PA: Carmike 12 - Altoona Opens October 1, 2015 [9/30]
- Bellevue, WA: AMC Loews Factoria 8 Closed Temporarily for Seating Upgrades [9/29]
The reviews for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" are very positive and audiences are snapping up tickets at a very high rate!
Movietickets.com, which is the exclusive online ticket seller that we use here at The BigScreen Cinema Guide, has reported that the movie is now on their list of the highest all-time pre-release sellers. Their press release (included below) shows the movie at #6 on the list, ahead of this summer's release of Spider-Man 3 and just behind Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
With the release of the final Harry Potter book later this month, the amount of awareness, hype, and anticipation for everything Harry Potter has this movie at the top of the must-see lists for many people!
If you're planning on going to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," don't leave for the theater without buying your tickets in advance! You can print your tickets ahead of time (for most theaters) so you won't have to stand in line at the box office just to find out that the only seats left in the theater are the front row in the corners.
Avoid the lines and reserve your seat!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Casts Box Office Spell - Breaks Into MovieTickets.Com All-Time Pre-Release Sales List
Fifth Installment Sells More Advance Tickets than Spider-Man 3, Harry Potter 1, 2 and 3, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Star Wars: Episode II - MovieTickets.com Expects Largest Ever Summer Volume
LOS ANGELES, July 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Proving he still has the magic, Harry Potter's fifth movie installment, has earned a leading place on the MovieTickets.com all-time advance ticket sales list. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has exceeded advance sales for the summer's earlier blockbusters such as Transformers and Spider-Man 3, and is neck-and-neck with Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
MovieTickets.com ranks the all-time pre-release sales below:
1. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (4)
3. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (3)
4. Matrix Reloaded
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (3)
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5)
7. Star Wars: Episode II-Attack of the Clones
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) (3)
10. Spider-Man 3
11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (1)
12. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2)
"Harry Potter really began picking up steam earlier this week and is tracking to become one of our best-selling blockbusters. This May was already a record-breaker in terms of ticketing volume, and now with Harry Potter 5 and other hits like Transformers, MovieTickets.com is going to experience our biggest summer ever," said Joel Cohen Executive Vice President and General Manager, MovieTickets.com.
- MovieTickets.com began selling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tickets over two months ago.
- Sales internationally eclipsed domestic sales until earlier this week.
- At its current sales rate, the fifth Harry Potter is tracking to outpace total tickets sold online via MovieTickets.com for Pirates 3.
MovieTickets.com exhibitors currently include:
Academy 8 Theaters (P & G Theaters), Access Digital Theatres, All Star Entertainment, AMC Theatres, Amherst Cinema Art Center, Arena Grand Theatre (Columbus Hospitality), Ashbrie Cinemas, Atlantic Theaters (Movies at Midway), Atlas Cinemas, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Bryn Mawr Movie Theatre Co., Camera Cinemas, Celebrity Theatres, Channelside Cinemas, Cinefe' 8, Cinema Centers, Cinema Four-Quad (Quad Cinema), Cinemagic Movies, Cinemagic Theatres (MN), Cinemall, Cineplex Odeon, Classic Cinemas, Clearview Cinemas, Cleveland Cinemas, Consolidated Theatres, Cornelius Cinemas, Crown Theatres, Dickinson Theatres, Drexel Theatres, Eastern Shores (O'Neil Theaters NE), Emagine Entertainment (Cinema Hollywood), Entertainment Retail (Hollywood Hits), Elvis Cinemas, Famous Players, Film Forum, Fine Arts Theatre - Beverly Hills, Fox Bay Cinema Grill, Foxmoor Movies, Galaxy Cinemas (Canada), Galaxy Cinemas (GA), Greater Huntington Theatres, Greenville Cinemas (Camelot Cinemas), Hallett Cinemas, Harkins Theatres, HLB Entertainment, Hollywood Cinema 9, Hollywood Premier Cinemas, IFC Center, Kew Gardens (and Cobble Hill), Krikorian Premiere Theatres, Landmark Theatres, M Park 4, Main Street Cinemas, Malco Theatres, Mann Theatres, Marcus Theatres, Marquee Cinemas, Metropolitan Theatres, Mission Grove Theaters, MJR Theatres, MnM Theatres, MovieMax Theatres, NAOS Entertainment, Narberth Theatre, National Amusements, Nelsonville Movies 10, North American Cinema, Oasis Cinema, Omniplex Theatre Group, O'Neil Theatres (Louisiana), Pacific Theatres, Paris Theater, Penn Cinema, Phoenix Theatres (MI), Phoenix Theatres (TN), Pickwick Theatres, Premiere Cinemas, Rail Road Square Cinema, Rave Motion Pictures, Reading Cinemas USA (City Cinemas, Angelika), Rio Entertainment, Riviera Cinemas, Roxy Theatres, Sayville Theatre, Scotiabank Theatres, Sea Turtle Cinemas, Silver Screen Cinemas, Spotlight Theatres, Star Vu Drive-In, Studio Movie Grill, Sunrise Cinemas, Tango Theaters, Trans-Lux Cinemas, UltraStar Cinemas, Village Theaters, Watson Theatre, Wellfleet Cinemas, and Westates Theatres.
MovieTickets.com, the most powerful Internet movie ticketing service, provides consumers with the ease of a virtual box office from the convenience of their home or office. Formed in 2000, MovieTickets.com is a joint venture between AMC Entertainment, Hollywood Media Corp. (Nasdaq: HOLL), National Amusements, Famous Players, Marcus Theatres (NYSE: MCS), Viacom (NYSE: VIA), and America Online, and leverages the collective exhibitor expertise to deliver consumers a premium movie ticketing experience. MovieTickets.com enables consumers to buy tickets online for movie screens across the United States, Canada and the U.K. Its elite collection of partner theaters consistently represents over 50% of the top 50 and over 50% of the top 100 grossing theaters in North America on any given weekend. The MovieTickets.com Exhibitor group, which includes 98 theater chains, is more than four times the amount of its nearest competitor.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.