Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
- Submit Your Ticket Price Reports for Movie Theaters! [7/4]
- Gift Shop Enhanced with More Selections for Downloading Movies and Music via iTunes [9/17]
- Finding Drive-Ins Made Easy [8/2]
- New Feature: Search for Theaters from the Past - See the history, tell your stories [6/30]
Last week, a new web site called "At the Movies" was released. It contains over 5,000 movie reviews in video form from the archives of the TV movie review show "At the Movies" (and its variations) featuring movie reviews from Roger Ebert, the late Gene Siskel, Richard Roeper, and guest reviewers over the years.
They have created a very useful web site, and I have to say that it's very cool to be able to see Gene Siskel swapping barbs with Roger Ebert again! (I always liked Siskel better) Also included are specials, interviews, and other interesting items, including a video showing Roger Ebert and director Martin Scorsese discussing their choices for the four best movies of the 1990's.
We are now featuring search links on the "Reviews" page for each movie in The BigScreen Cinema Guide. Along with current movies, like "The Bourne Ultimatum," you can also use this feature for older movies like "Schindler's List" and "The Godfather."
We're happy to have these reviews added to our list of Featured Movies reviews, which now include:
- James Berardinelli
Our Featured Movie Critic
- "At the Movies" TV Review
Archive of reviews by Roger Ebert, Gene Siskel, Richard Roeper, and guest reviewers, as televised on their "At the Movies" TV show.
Aggregated Movie Score Based on Dozens of Reviews (Newspapers, Magazines, Web Sites, etc.)
- Screen It!
Movie Content Reviews (Language, Violence, etc.)
- Plugged In
- IMDb Parents Guide
Content-related Overviews Provided by Users of the Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
As always, you can let us know what you think of features like this by checking them out and then using our Feedback Form. I read every message, and respond if necessary. Your comments have a direct effect on the features we provide here, so don't be shy about telling us what you would like to see!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.