Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- American Pie 
- The Breakfast Club 
- The 40 Year Old Virgin 
- The Invasion 
- Kill Bill: Volume 1 
- Knocked Up 
- The Last Legion 
- Old School 
- Pulp Fiction 
- Sixteen Candles 
- Superbad 
Add Your Comments
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
The widest release of the weekend is the teen comedy "Superbad," starring Michael Cera and Jonah Hill as two friends headed off to college, but who desire to get some beer for a party and hook up with some girls before they go, with limited success.
Our Featured Movie Critic calls it a combination of Quentin Tarantino ("Kill Bill" and "Pulp Fiction") and John Hughes ("The Breakfast Club" and "Sixteen Candles") and gives it three out of five stars for the effort. The trailer for the movie makes it look like a bad blend between "American Pie" and "Old School" but he assures us that the trailer doesn't do the movie justice. Given that the writers (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg) and the producer (Judd Apatow) were involved in this year's comedy "Knocked Up" and 2005's "The 40 Year Old Virgin," I'm willing to think that the movie is worth further investigation.
If you were just thinking to yourself that what the world needed was another version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," you're in luck! "The Invasion" stars Nicole Kidman and pre-James Bond Daniel Craig. It's been through a couple of reshoots, two endings, and two names, so the outlook is not good for this one.
Another big release this weekend is the story of how the legend of King Arthur originated in "The Last Legion." Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley star in this action/adventure movie with Aishwarya Rai.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.