Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Balls of Fury 
- Mr. Bean's Holiday 
- The Nanny Diaries 
- Resurrecting the Champ 
- The Transporter 
- War 
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
Hollywood starlet Scarlett Johansson stars in "The Nanny Diaries," which opens today, as a New York University student who goes to work for a very dysfunctional family on the Upper East Side. The movie is based on the book of the same name by Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus, which made the #1 spot on the New York Times Bestseller list. The buzz has been largely positive, so it will be interesting to see how the public responds.
We have six clips from the movie and two trailers for your viewing pleasure. "The Nanny Diaries" is rated PG-13 for language.
On the opposite side of the coin is the Jet Li and Jason "Transporter" Statham in "War," about an FBI agent (Statham) who pursues an elusive assassin (Li) be believes killed his partner and family. It's rated R for sequences of strong bloody violence, sexuality/nudity and language, so you may want to leave the toddlers home when seeing this one.
Also opening today are "Mr. Bean's Holiday" and "Resurrecting the Champ." The prospects for Mr. Bean don't look any better than the trailer, and I just can't see "Champ" gaining any traction. The best chance either of these movies have is on DVD, which shouldn't be too long after theatrical release.
Those are the wide releases, as there are a total of 15 new movies opening today. Check out our New Movies page for the full list. If you can find them playing in a theater near you, some of them look interesting enough to check out!
Coming Wednesday is the ping pong action comedy "Balls of Fury." Yes, that's right. I said "ping pong action comedy." If you think that sounds off-base, you should watch the trailer! Sometimes, you wonder how these movies get approved...
But, who am I to judge? I'm sure that there are people out there that enjoy the kind of comedy that a movie like this delivers. Perhaps I'm being too judgmental, based only upon the trailer.
Feel free to check out the Trailers & Videos page and check out the trailer and clips we have available, and judge for yourself if this is the funniest movie of the summer, or if it should have gone directly to the $4.97 bin at Wal-Mart.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.