Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Denon Announces AVR-X6200W Network A/V Receiver [9/30]
Just because it's in high definition, doesn't mean it's going to be perfect in every way, and Disney has shown that to be the case in its recent Blu-ray release of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl."
Some sharp eyed members of the AVS Forum found that about 9 minutes of the movie are framed incorrectly, cutting off people's heads in some shots and showing that the actors really weren't high in the air during a sword fight in others. Here's an example:
The problem is reportedly the most noticeable when characters are saying lines, but you can't see their faces while they're talking, even though it's clear that they are supposed to be in the frame.
Mistakes like this can happen, and some readers may remember a similar type of problem hitting DVD copies of "Back to the Future" many years ago. In that case, the studio (Universal) offered to replace the discs for those unhappy with the problem.
Although no official word has been heard from Disney about a recall/exchange yet, I would hope that something will be coming from them soon to address the issue.
For now, it seems the best course of action for anyone who owns this title and is unhappy is to make your feelings known using Disney's Contact Form. If I find out any more information about a recall or exchange, I'll post a new Journal entry with the details.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.