Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Brothers Solomon 
- Casino Royale 
- Romance & Cigarettes 
- Shoot 'Em Up 
- 3:10 to Yuma 
Add Your Comments
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
There is quite an eclectic choice of movies this weekend! Of the 11 new releases, there are three major (highly publicized) and the rest are seeing very limited releases in the hopes of opening wider later.
Clive Owen was rumored to be in consideration for playing James Bond before Daniel Craig was chosen for the role in "Casino Royale." In this week's release of "Shoot 'Em Up" we get to see a glimpse of what could have been if he had chosen, but perhaps only if the story included plenty of tongue-in-cheek humor along with large amounts of shoot-em-up violence. The trailers shows Paul Giamatti chewing up every scene he's in, so this movie could be quite a bit of fun!
We have quite a few extras for "Shoot 'Em Up," including 21 photos and both versions of the trailer, so be sure to check them out. If you go to see it, please be sure to write a Reader Review and tell others what you thought of the movie!
The movie that's getting the largest amount of theater coverage this weekend is actually the remake of the western "3:10 to Yuma" featuring Christian Bale and Russell Crowe in place of Van Heflin and Glenn Ford. This movie is actually expected to take the weekend, which will be a first for a western in a long time.
Our Featured Movie Critic has given the movie 3 out of 4 stars, and the scores tracked by Metacritic are pretty positive as well. (Check out our Reviews page for the movie to get a full list of reviews that we recommend)
Then there is the Will Arnette and Will Forte sex comedy "The Brothers Solomon." All I can say about this movie is that I would imagine you have to like this sort of thing, and the trailer appears to provide quite a bit of an indication of the humor that you're going to be
subjected to able to enjoy. Attend at your own risk...
In closing, we come to Christopher Walken and his connection to Tom Jones (see the title of this article). In the star-studded R-rated comedy "Romance & Cigarettes," Christopher Walken breaks out in song to Tom Jones' "Delilah." You can see the video of his number on YouTube. The movie is playing in very few theaters, so it may be difficult to impossible to see until it hits DVD.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.