Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Frenchtown Square 8
Add Your Comments
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
- 2014 Academy Award Winners [3/2]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Planning June 2014 Opening [2/27]
- St. Joseph, MO: Screenland Plaza 8 Closing March 2, 2014 [2/27]
- Saint Charles, IL: Improvements Coming to Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 [2/26]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Coming to Foothills Mall [2/26]
- Glen Burnie, MD: UA Marley Station 8 Closed [2/26]
- Willoughby Hills, OH: Big Cinemas Phoenix Willoughby Hills Closed [2/24]
- Ridgefield, CT: Prospector Theater Offers Movies Ahead of Its Opening [2/24]
The Regal Frenchtown Square 8 theater in Monroe, Michigan closed on August 19, 2007. The closing was part of a downsizing effort by Regal Cinemas.
The Monroe Evening News is now reporting that Phoenix Theatres has signed a new lease for the location, and they plan to re-open the theater on November 2, 2007:
The company will install new projection equipment and Dolby digital sound technology in all eight theaters in the complex. It said it plans a full renovation that will improve the ambience of the theater and include expanded menu choices in the concession area.
Phoenix says it combines ticketing and concession purchases into one line, offers free refills on popcorn and on all drink sizes, has self-serve drink stations for speed and convenience, and provides online tickets that customers can print out or e-mail to friends.
"The Monroe-area community will likely not recognize the movie theater they once knew at Frenchtown Square," said Cory Jacobson, Phoenix Theatres co-owner. "Our goals have always been focused on bringing unique and quality movie-going experiences to our customers with advanced technologies and matchless service offerings, mixed in with the sometimes not so obvious details that national chains just cannot or will not instill into local movie theaters."
Click the Read link below to read the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.