Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- DTS Reveals DTS:X Immersive Sound Technology [1/8]
- High-Def Digest Goes Hands-On with a Pioneer Dolby Atmos Sound System [9/30]
- Integra Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Onkyo Delivers Firmware Update to Enable Dolby Atmos [9/30]
- Denon Announces New X-Series Network A/V Receivers, Dolby Atmos Support [7/24]
- Dolby Publishes More Information About Home Version of Dolby Atmos [6/28]
- Yamaha Elevates Premium AVENTAGE AV Receivers with Next Gen Features Including Dolby Atmos® [6/25]
- Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound [6/23]
- Integra High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components to support Dolby Atmos [6/23]
- Dolby Announces Availability of Dolby Atmos in the Home [6/23]
Warner Home Video 116512 - Region 1
List Price: $19.97 (Check Price at Amazon.com)
Available on DVD 9/18/2007
Dolby Digital 5.1
Disc 1 Contents
- Commentary by Director/Producer John Boorman
- Deliverance: The Beginning
- Deliverance: The Journey
- Deliverance: Betraying the River
- Deliverance: Delivered
- The Dangerous World of Deliverance
- Theatrical Trailer
About the MovieDeliverance is one of those movies that you hear so much about, that you feel like you already know what it's about even though you've never seen it. Everyone associates it with the "dueling banjos" scene, and even though I knew it was about a group of guys that encounter some backwoods characters while on a canoe trip, I was not prepared for the movie and the impression it left with me after watching it. I can imagine that it caused quite a stir when it was released in theaters in 1972!
How Does it Look?
The video quality was good but not amazing. For a 35-year-old movie, I guess it held up pretty well, and since I've never seen it before, I don't have a point of reference for how previous versions might have looked. There is the occasional hair or blemish on the print, but it wasn't so much as to be distracting while watching the movie.
How Does it Sound?
The audio served the movie well. Even though it is a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack, I don't recall there being much going on from a multi-channel perspective, but for the most part, it did its job of conveying the events of the story.
I like to see the theatrical trailer included with movies, so I'm happy to see that they included one on this DVD. Since it has been 35 years since the movie was released, and all the principals of the movie are still around to talk about it, the Features are well worth checking out. The primary cast, the director, and even the cinematographer get the chance to reminisce about their experience during the filming of Deliverance. This is a perfect example of how extra features add to the enjoyment of the movie.
ConclusionIf you're like me and you have never seen Deliverance before, you owe it to yourself to give this disc a viewing. Don't think that you'll come away from the movie with a chipper attitude, as it will have you thinking about it for days afterwards.
Don't just take our word for it, check out these resources for more reviews of the movie and of the DVD.
Check Prices on Amazon.com
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.