Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Game Plan 
Add Your Comments
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Coming to Home Video December 16, 2014 [10/1]
- "Transformers: Age of Extinction" Released on Home Video - Links & Reviews [9/30]
- Listen to Lorde's New Song for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" [9/29]
- "Hercules" Coming to Home Video November 4, 2014 - Theatrical and Extended Cut [9/24]
- Purchase Deborah Willis' Book "Reflections in Black" [8/27]
- "Edge of Tomorrow" Effectively Renamed in Home Video Release [8/21]
- Soundtrack for "If I Stay" Features Music from Willamette Stone and Others [8/4]
- "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" Coming to Blu-ray/DVD on June 10, 2014 [3/17]
- "The Wolf of Wall Street" Comes to Blu-ray on March 25, 2014 and Download March 18, 2014 [2/20]
- Save Up to $7.50 on a Ticket to See "Robocop" [2/13]
When you buy eligible Disney DVDs and select Disney Blu-ray discs, Disney is offering you the chance to earn reward points which are redeemable for various items on their web site at DisneyMovieRewards.com. (Caution, music plays automatically when you visit the site)
As usual, there are terms, conditions, disclaimers, and other such limitations, but all that is detailed on the web site. It appears pretty straightforward in that there is a 12-character code on the movie you buy and you go to the site and enter that code. Once you reach a certain level of points, you can redeem those points for rewards.
Some examples provided on the site include "The Jungle Book (40th Anniversary Platinum Edition)" that is being released on DVD today, which represents 100 points. Buying "Remember the Titans" on Blu-ray disc earns you 125 points, while some direct-to-video releases are worth only 75 points.
You can also earn points by attending certain Disney movies in theaters. For example, buying a ticket to "The Game Plan" would earn you 100 points through 10/22/2007 and then 50 points after that date.
No reward program is worth anything unless the rewards make it worth the effort, right? A quick look on the site showed that the lowest reward one could get is a Peter Pan Temporary Tattoo for 150 points. It goes all the way up to "The Little Mermaid" Scene Replica Sculpture for 3100 points. The value of any of these items is going to be in the eye of the beholder, so you'll want to check out the list for yourself before giving up your personal information to join the program.
Such reward programs are pretty popular; my key ring is testament to all the supposed "discount" cards that stores are offering, and those are just the ones I'm willing to carry around. If you're a big Disney consumer, this program may feed your addiction just one step further!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.