Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
The most highly publicized movie opening today is Reese Witherspoon's "Rendition," which is about a woman whose husband is accused of links to terrorism by the government and "exported" to another country so that he can be tortured for information outside of U.S. laws.
Our Featured Critic isn't a big fan of its heavy-handed and one-sided message, but with a production that also stars Meryl Streep and Jake Gyllenhaal, it's hard to ignore as a viable contestant for the weekend's box office.
Two other major releases are the sports farce comedy "The Comebacks" and Josh Hartnett's horror movie "30 Days of Night." In the former, an out-of-luck coach, Lambeau Fields, takes a rag-tag bunch of college misfits and drives them towards the football championships. In the latter, Josh Hartnett is a cop that tries to save the residents of an Alaskan town from an evil force that takes advantage of the 24-hour darkness.
Also appearing this week for its now-yearly release is Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D." The big news about this year's appearance is that it is doing so on more screens than ever due to the increase in digital cinema projection systems that are capable of also showing 3D movies.
You can check out these movies, and the many other new releases this week, by visiting our "New Movies" page in Now Showing.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.