Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- American Gangster 
- ArcLight Hollywood
Add Your Comments
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
- Variety: "The Divergent Series: Allegiant" to Skip Theaters, Launch as a TV Movie and Spinoff Series [7/21]
- Falmouth, ME: Flagship Premium Cinemas Now Open [7/20]
- AMC Theatres to Acquire Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the Largest Theater Chain in Europe [7/13]
- Westbrook, ME: Prides Corner Drive-In Not Yet Open for 2016, Future is Uncertain [7/13]
- Menomonee Falls, WI: Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas Getting Take Five and Zaffiro's [6/30]
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
Universal Pictures has announced that the industry screening for the upcoming drama "American Gangster," starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, will be held Monday, October 29, 2007 at the ArcLight Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.
The press will arrive at 5:30pm, with celebrities arriving at 6:30pm, and the screening begins at 7:30pm.
Scheduled to appear at the event are cast members Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Ted Levine, Lymari Nadal, Jon Polito, KaDee Strickland, composer Marc Streitenfeld, songwriter Diane Warren, and other celebrities.
"American Gangster" is based on the life of drug-kingpin-turned-informant, Frank Lucas, who grew up in segregated North Carolina where he eventually made his way to Harlem and became a heroin kingpin by traveling to Asia's Golden Triangle to make connections; shipping heroin back to the US in the coffins of soldiers killed in Vietnam. Lucas was shadowed by a lawman who finally helped bring the kingpin to justice, and the two then worked together to expose the crooked cops and foreign nationals who made importing heroin so easy.
Opening in theaters on Friday, November 2, 2007, it was recently voted the fourth most anticipated upcoming movie. Check out the Information Page for the movie for more details.
Source: Universal Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.