Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Willowbrook Movie Tavern
Add Your Comments
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
- Shakopee, MN: Grand Opening of Marcus Southbridge Crossing Cinema Planned for April 13, 2017 [4/8]
- Select AMC and Carmike Locations Transferred to New Vision Theatres [4/7]
- Arvada, CO: Landmark Olde Town Stadium 14 Sold [4/6]
Houston, Texas welcomed its third theater in the Movie Tavern chain on Friday, October 19, 2007 with the opening of the Willowbrook Movie Tavern on Tomball Parkway.
Movie Tavern locations provide full-service dining with waitstaff and a menu of American food that is served to guests as they watch a movie.
The Willowbrook Movie Tavern features 10 screens with stadium seating, DTS Digital sound, and call buttons at each seat to summon waitstaff. The menu includes chef-prepared entrees, salads, appetizers, hand-tossed pizzas, sandwiches, black angus hamburgers, and dessert items. Beer, wine, and mixed drinks are served as well as traditional beverages.
For a list of showtimes, a map of the new theater's location, and other details, please see the Information Page for the Willowbrook Movie Tavern.
The press release from Movie Tavern is included below.
Leading the Cinema-Eatery Category, Movie Tavern Opens Third Houston Location, Next to iT'Z Family Food and Fun
Willowbrook Lifestyle Center Staged to Provide the Ultimate Entertainment Experience
HOUSTON, Oct. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing a year of successful growth and expansion that is bringing the best in first-run films with full-service dining to thriving United States communities, Movie Tavern will open another Houston location on Friday, October 19.
Willowbrook Movie Tavern, just north of FM 1960 and 249, will be the 11th location in the United States and the third theatre in the Houston market for the popular entertainment destination.
Movie Tavern is the leading operator of cinema eateries in the country. Cinema eateries combine the enjoyment of first-run movies with a first-rate, full service dining experience provided by top-notch waitstaff. A full menu of flavorful, chef-prepared Classic American favorites is served to Movie Tavern guests while they enjoy first-run feature films in state-of-the-art, comfortable auditoriums.
Converted from a portion of a former Home Depot location, Willowbrook Movie Tavern will feature 10 brand-new, stadium-style auditoriums within 43,000 square feet of building. The company has invested $5.5 million in the project, which will also be neighbored by a new location of iT'Z Family Food and Fun, an exciting family entertainment center featuring food, arcades, games and rides.
"Willowbrook Movie Tavern is another example of our strong success and growth, as we have raised the bar on culinary standards for the cinema-eatery industry in 2007," said Jeff Benson, CEO of Movie Tavern Partners and founder of the concept. "The combination of first-run films and our top-notch menu are driving traffic to our theatres. Our guests really enjoy the comfort and convenience of the Movie Tavern experience."
"New Movie Taverns in Lexington, Columbus, Denver, Fort Worth, and our new Houston location, are bringing the one-stop-fun of our dine-in theatre to more and more fans. 2007 has been a great year for Movie Tavern, and 2008 will be even better, with even more growth."
The Willowbrook theatre will be previewed by the local community via special events, including a celebration co-hosted with the Citizens for Animal Protection, founded in 1972 to shelter, rescue and find homes for homeless animals.
The Willowbrook Movie Tavern location will be similar to Movie Tavern's brand new location in Fort Worth at Hulen Mall, with warm "Tuscan" tones and a stylish setting to enjoy food and film.
Providing fans the convenience of the dining and movie-watching experience in one relaxing atmosphere, the concept features state-of-the-art technology and comfort, including:
- 16" risers on stadium-style seating in the auditoriums, including executive high-back leather rocker chairs for ultimate relaxation while enjoying films.
- DTS digital sound in all auditoriums.
- A menu consisting of dozens of high-quality, chef-prepared entrees, chopped salads, appetizers, hand-tossed pizzas, signature sandwiches, black angus burgers, and delectable desserts.
- Full menu, beer, wine and mixed drinks served at your seat in each auditorium.
- A proprietary call button system to page your waitstaff at each seat in every theatre.
- A stylish lounge and full-service bar for guests to enjoy before and after the movie/meal. The lounge includes granite bar tops, dark-wood, and stylish tables and chairs.
- Plasma screens in the lounge showing sporting events and other popular programming.
- Digital projection capabilities in all auditoriums for PowerPoint or DVD presentations.
Current Texas locations include Arlington, Bedford, Denton, Fort Worth, Houstonand Humble. In 2007, new Movie Taverns have opened in Aurora, CO; Lexington, KY; Columbus, OH; and Fort Worth, TX. Movie Tavern Partners, LP also operates two conventional first-run theaters in Granbury, Texas and Marble Falls, Texas.
About Movie Tavern
Movie Tavern is the leading operator of cinema-eateries in the United States.
Jeff Benson, his wife Jamie, and his life-long friend Dennis Butler were owners of traditional cinemas prior to opening their first Movie Tavern in Ft. Worth, Texas in 2001. In an effort to provide food, drink, and customer service that historically has not been provided by traditional cinemas, the trio developed a cinema-eatery concept that combines full-flavor and high-quality food and drinks, friendly service and first-run movies at this first Movie Tavern.
In 2005, the company was recapitalized with the addition of a major equity partner.
Uncompromising in their standards and commitment to provide the highest-quality experience, Movie Tavern's leadership is implementing a major growth plan that has expanded the system in 2007 to 11 locations and 101 screens, and plans to expand to at least 19 locations with 170-plus screens in 2008.
For more information, visit http://www.movietavern.com.
Source: Movie Tavern
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.