Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
- "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" Sequel Planned for 2018 Release [8/4]
- Looking Back at "The Devil Wears Prada" 10 Years Later [6/25]
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
In keeping with the holiday that's about to happen, horror movie "Saw IV" is appearing in the most number of screens this weekend. In its fourth installment, the fan base for this movie is pretty much pre-determined; there shouldn't be any surprises for audiences as far as what to expect from it.
In a bit of elegant counter-programming, we have "The Game Plan" in its fifth weekend actually appearing in more theaters than the newcomer, and an increase in that count from last week for the movie. It would seem that a sugar-coated Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has something good going on!
Another newcomer with quite a cast is Stever Carell's "Dan in Real Life." The movie poster is incredibly depressing to look at, and from the sounds of the initial reviews, Touchstone Pictures might be a little depressed on Monday as well. Let's hope that Steve Carell isn't following the Chevy Chase career path...
Even if this week's new releases aren't your style (check out the New Movies page for the full line-up), there is quite the selection of movies to see. Our All Movies page currently counts 511 movies that are playing around the country, so it's a good bet that you can find something playing in theaters near you that you would like to see!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.