Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
- Stay for the End Credits of "22 Jump Street" [6/13]
- "Ghostbusters" 30th Anniversary Celebrated with Re-Release on Labor Day Weekend Followed by Blu-ray Release [6/6]
- USA Today Offers a Sneak Peek at "The Book of Life" [5/30]
- New Batmobile Teased by Director Zack Snyder in Twitter Post [5/12]
- One Man's Problem with Superhero Movies Hits the Nail on the Head [5/9]
- New York, NY: New York Movie Palaces Remembered in Hollywood Reporter Article [5/6]
- Cast Announced for Star Wars: Episode VII [4/29]
In keeping with the holiday that's about to happen, horror movie "Saw IV" is appearing in the most number of screens this weekend. In its fourth installment, the fan base for this movie is pretty much pre-determined; there shouldn't be any surprises for audiences as far as what to expect from it.
In a bit of elegant counter-programming, we have "The Game Plan" in its fifth weekend actually appearing in more theaters than the newcomer, and an increase in that count from last week for the movie. It would seem that a sugar-coated Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has something good going on!
Another newcomer with quite a cast is Stever Carell's "Dan in Real Life." The movie poster is incredibly depressing to look at, and from the sounds of the initial reviews, Touchstone Pictures might be a little depressed on Monday as well. Let's hope that Steve Carell isn't following the Chevy Chase career path...
Even if this week's new releases aren't your style (check out the New Movies page for the full line-up), there is quite the selection of movies to see. Our All Movies page currently counts 511 movies that are playing around the country, so it's a good bet that you can find something playing in theaters near you that you would like to see!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.