Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Underworld" and "Resident Evil: Afterlife" Coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray with HDR, Atmos Soundtracks [10/17]
- On Home Video: October 18, 2016 [10/17]
- On Home Video: October 11, 2016 [10/11]
- Amazon Deal of the Day - Angry Birds on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital [10/4]
- On Home Video: September 27, 2016 [9/27]
- On Home Video: "Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising" - September 20, 2016 [9/19]
- On Home Video: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows" - September 20, 2016 [9/19]
- On Home Video: "The Conjuring 2" - September 13, 2016 [9/14]
- On Home Video: "Money Monster" - September 6, 2016 [9/7]
- On Home Video: "The Iron Giant" Signature Edition - September 6, 2016 [9/2]
If you're looking to get into high definition movies for your home theater, the price of admission just got a little cheaper!
With the imminent release of the third-generation Toshiba HD-A3 entry level HD DVD player, many stores are offering the second generation HD-A2 for less than $200! As far as I know, the HD-A2 and HD-A3 are functionally identical, with only minor changes to the exterior styling.
I have seen news of sub-$200 pricing at Wal-Mart (in-store only) and Circuit City, but now Amazon.com has gotten into the game and is currently offering the HD-A2 at $197.99 (prices can and do fluctuate). Because this is a previous-generation model, supplies are going to be limited, so if you think that these units will be around in a couple of weeks, you may be disappointed.
This special price includes the 5 free movies by mail offer from Toshiba, so if you need to justify your purchase, if the movies are worth $25 each, it's like getting the HD DVD player for $75. How can you argue with that?
As a point of comparison, the least expensive Blu-ray high definition player (the other HD disc format) I could find is the Samsung BD-P1400 at $390. That's a great price for a Blu-ray player, but it doesn't have an Ethernet jack for online updates and features, and it's not compatible with the Profile 1.1 requirements for the interactive features on upcoming Blu-ray titles.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.