Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Benchwarmers 
- Cars 
- 50 First Dates 
- Gridiron Gang 
- Little Man 
- Perfect Stranger 
- Ratatouille 
Add Your Comments
- "Edge of Tomorrow" Effectively Renamed in Home Video Release [8/21]
- Soundtrack for "If I Stay" Features Music from Willamette Stone and Others [8/4]
- "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" Coming to Blu-ray/DVD on June 10, 2014 [3/17]
- "The Wolf of Wall Street" Comes to Blu-ray on March 25, 2014 and Download March 18, 2014 [2/20]
- Save Up to $7.50 on a Ticket to See "Robocop" [2/13]
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free Offer at Amazon.com - Expires Dec. 21, 2013 [12/17]
- Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug to be Released on December 10, 2013 [11/6]
- Gold Box Deal of the Day: Save Up To 72% On The "Alien Anthology Collection" and "Prometheus" on Blu-ray [11/1]
- Get a $3 MP3 Credit with Purchase of Select Gift Cards at Amazon.com [9/27]
- New on Video: October 1, 2013 [9/24]
One benefit of the high definition format war is the competition it creates between the two sides. Prices keep coming down, features are going up little by little, and deals can be found by those keeping a close eye on things.
One of those deals is the one that our Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com is offering on Blu-ray discs. They are offering a "buy one, get one free" sale on 72 titles right now.
The list of movies is familiar from the last such sale they offered, with the movies coming from Sony and Disney, which are two of the three Blu-ray exclusive movie studios right now. While you're not going to see A-list titles like the recently-released Cars or Ratatouille, you might be interested in something like Gridiron Gang, Perfect Stranger, or the other 70 titles available during this sale.
Speaking of Cars and Ratatouille, both discs have been receiving rave reviews for their picture and sound quality (as I predicted/wished for in my review of the Cars DVD). Not only are Pixar's movies good from a storyline perspective, Disney wisely puts a lot of effort into transferring the movies onto DVD and now Blu-ray as well.
Amazon isn't leaving Pixar fans paying full price, however, as they are offering a $10 discount when you buy both movies at the same time. That brings the total price to $37.90! You can get more details by visiting the item details page for the Cars Blu-ray disc.
These deals are listed as limited time offers, with no end dates mentioned. I take that to mean that they could be over at any time without notice. If I had a Blu-ray player, I'd be taking advantage of the Pixar $10-off deal, but you couldn't pay me to watch titles like The Benchwarmers, 50 First Dates, or Little Man!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.