Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- August Rush 
- Beowulf 
- Beowulf: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Beowulf: An IMAX Experience 
- Beowulf: Digital 3D 
- Enchanted 
- Hitman 
- Love in the Time of Cholera 
- The Mist 
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium 
Add Your Comments
- "The Fifth Element" Returns to Theaters for 20th Anniversary Event with Sneak Peek of "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" [4/10]
- USA Today Shows Photos of Michael Keaton as the Villain Vulture in "Spider-Man: Homecoming" [3/27]
- How ILM Created a New King Kong [3/24]
- Free Ice Cream Cones at Select Showcase Cinemas April 4, 2017 [3/23]
- Stay for the Credits of "Kong: Skull Island" [3/10]
- Watch Family-Friendly Movies at Marcus Theatres for Just $3 During "Kids Dream" Series [2/23]
- See the First Cast Photo for "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" [2/22]
- "First Look" Fan Event on February 28, 2017 for "Ghost in the Shell" at Select IMAX Theaters [2/16]
- Marcus Adds More Wehrenberg Locations to its Best Picture Festival [2/14]
- Watch All the Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [1/26]
This weekend is all about the movie "Beowulf," all four versions of it! There is the Digital Cinema 3D version, the IMAX 3D version, the standard version, and the standard IMAX version. If you haven't heard of it, you probably haven't been watching TV, visited entertainment-related web sites, or seen a newspaper.
The official summary of the movie is: In a legendary time of heroes, the mighty warrior Beowulf battles the demon Grendel and incurs the hellish wrath of the beast's ruthlessly seductive mother. Their epic clash forges the timeless legend of Beowulf.
Robert Zemeckis' animated feature is all the rage, and is also the reason that some theaters have finally taken the plunge in getting digital cinema installations completed.
There's little question that it will take the top spot in the box office. The competition is too thin for that. But for those that just don't want to see an animated Angelina Jolie drenched in gold (and not much else), at least there are a few options.
"Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" is actually appearing on a few more screens than Beowulf, which demonstrates the confidence that the studio has in the picture. Natalie Portman plays a clerk in a magical toy shop which affords adults the opportunity to retain a child's sense of magic and wonder in their lives. When its current owner, Mr. Magorium, passes away she must decide whether she wants to run the store.
"Love in the Time of Cholera" is a tale of lifelong love and longing that is getting mixed reviews. Our Featured Movie Critic wasn't a big fan of the storyline or the acting performances.
With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up next week, there are quite a few releases coming on Wednesday to take advantage of it. Most notable are Stephen King's "The Mist," Disney's "Enchanted," "Hitman," and "August Rush."
Check out our New Movies page for the full array of new and upcoming releases!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.