Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: "The Princess Bride" Event Coming to the Riverside Theater [7/24]
- North Haven, CT: Cinemark North Haven and XD Now Open [7/24]
- Athens, GA: Carmike Ovation 12 Opens After Renovations [7/20]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Reopened by Landmark Theatres [7/15]
- Cary, NC: Frank Theatres - Parkside Town Commons Stadium 11 & Xtreme Now Open [7/14]
- Malco Theatres Kids Summer Film Fest 2015 [6/30]
- 2015 Summer Movie Series at Georgia Theatre Company Locations [6/30]
"We need to make it a special event," said Bruce Olson, president of Marcus Theatres, which has several city and suburban theater locations. "Our goal as exhibitors is to make the out-of-home experience better than at home." For some, it's not. Viewers complain that ticket prices are too high and concessions cost too much. And, sometimes, the experience doesn't stack up well with their recliners and high-tech televisions and sound systems in their enhanced living rooms. That has left not only moviemakers but also theater owners scrambling in a time when DVD sales have surpassed box-office revenue.Click the read link for the full article. While some of the new features are more gimmick than anything else, we applaud theaters for trying to see what people respond to. However, more important than adding liquor sales or putting baby changing tables in theaters for afternoon shows, we encourage theaters to concentrate on improving the overall movie-going experience for all their customers. Taking steps to ensure a problem-free presentation in both picture and sound, hiring and training good staff to be courteous, helpful and professional, keeping the bathrooms clean, and to make sure that the entire experience from stepping in the door to leaving is the best possible will go a long way towards attracting customers and making them loyal enough to come back every time they want to see a movie.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.