Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Frisco, TX: Cinemark Movie Theater Delayed to September 2018 [1/23]
- Malibu, CA: Regal Malibu Twin May Close Soon [1/23]
- Rochester, NY: Cinemark Movies 10 in Brighton Closed [1/23]
- Staten Island, NY: UA Hylan Plaza 5 Closed [1/23]
- Santa Fe, NM: UA Devargas Mall Cinema 6 Closed [1/23]
- Star Wars 8 Has a Title: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" [1/23]
- Asheville, NC: UA Beaucatcher Cinemas 7 Closed [1/20]
- Hamilton, NJ: Grand Opening of Regal Independence Plaza 12 & RPX Scheduled for February 16, 2017 [1/18]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Open January 19, 2017 [1/16]
- Arlington, TX: Studio Movie Grill - Arlington Lincoln Square to Offer Special-Needs Programs [1/16]
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is reporting that the owners of the Wehrenberg Theatres chain is looking for a buyer:
Nearly 100 years after Fred Wehrenberg opened the first theater in St. Louis designed specifically for motion pictures, his company — said to be the oldest and largest family-owned theater chain in America — is shopping for a potential buyer.
Executives of Des Peres-based Wehrenberg Theatres, which operates 10 theater complexes in the St. Louis area and five more throughout the Midwest, told more than 800 employees last month that it's exploring a possible sale of its theater operations.
"The industry is consolidating, and the investment required to remain a leader keeps getting larger," spokeswoman Kelly Hoskins said Monday, reading from a prepared statement. "Remaining an effective competitor and continuing entertainment excellence requires a greater financial resource and economies of scale. We've concluded the best action for our company is to be proactive to determine our own future."
Click the Read link below to view the entire article.
Wehrenberg Theatres operates theaters in 15 locations, including Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.