Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience 
- The Dark Knight 
- I Am Legend 
- I Am Legend: The IMAX Experience 
Add Your Comments
- Matthews, NC: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [8/25]
- Groton, CT: Groton Cinema 6 Closed [8/25]
- Anaheim, CA: UltraStar GardenWalk Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Scottsdale, AZ: UltraStar Scottsdale Pavilion 11 Closed [8/24]
- Sault Ste. Marie, MI: Carmike Varsity Cinemas Closed [8/24]
- Roanoke, TX: Cinemark Roanoke and XD Now Open [8/14]
- Tulsa, OK: Village Movies 8 Opens Today [7/31]
- Upper Darby, PA: Studio Movie Grill - Upper Darby Opened July 23, 2015 [7/30]
- California, MD: R/C Lexington Exchange Movies 12 Opens [7/30]
- Milwaukee, WI: Free Family Outdoor Movies at the Peck Pavilion [7/30]
The opening six minutes of the next Batman movie "The Dark Knight" will be shown to audiences before viewings of "I Am Legend: The IMAX Experience" in IMAX theaters starting Friday, December 14, 2007.
Heath Ledger will be seen in the clip as The Joker, which will give us a good taste of what direction they're going to take the movie in, given the natural comparison to Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the character in the 1989 version of Batman.
According to the press release:
The release of the opening six minutes of the movie marks the world premiere of the first footage ever shot with extremely high resolution IMAX® cameras for a major motion picture release. In an unprecedented move, director Christopher Nolan employed IMAX cameras for a number of sequences in “The Dark Knight.”
Nolan stated, “I’ve always found the IMAX format to be completely astounding in terms of the crispness and clarity of the image and sound, as well as the sheer size and scope. I knew that if you could shoot scenes of a feature film in that format—not just blow up a 35mm film to fit those screens but actually to shoot with IMAX cameras—you could achieve an incredibly immersive experience. No one had ever done it before, but with a lot of careful preparation by our director of photography, Wally Pfister, and the help of the IMAX technicians, the results are beyond our expectations. When you watch the finished product, it’s like being on an amazing roller coaster. It’s literally larger than life.”
"The Dark Knight" will open in traditional and IMAX theaters nationwide on July 18, 2008. For more information, please see the Information Page for the movie.
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.